“Always a good meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Gardiner, Maine, United States
“Always a good meal”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I live in Gardiner and have been to Pastas on a number of occasions for dinner. The portions are big (we always bring home enough for lunch the next day) and we have always been very happy with the quality of the food. The service is great, and the place is always spotless. Pastaz has a nice, casual atmosphere, and the owners are always there, so the quality is consistent. We frequently bring out of town guests there, and everyone has enjoyed it.

• Visited December 2012

Navarre, Florida
“Above Expectations! Pans used as plates were great fun!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went here with another couple who had never been there either. The restaurant is in a small older section of one of downtown Gardiner's historical Water St buildings. It is small, cozy & a casual elegance atmosphere. We were greeted immediately and seated. The restaurant is owned by a very creative family that has the patriarch as the cook, his wife overseeing it all and a very gracious son taking orders. Every customer's dinner was served in frying pans! What a unique idea! My lasagna serving was double the size at other restaurants we have been to, so I asked for a take-home box. Aside from the unusual portion, the lasagna was, by far, the BEST I have ever eaten & I have been eating lasagna any chance I can get for over the last 40 years! We are going back next week before we head south for the winter!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank seniortraveler8383
Gardiner, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Specials are Special”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Everything is excellent, but when they have their butternut ravioli, get it. You wont be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank malinrm5586
“Unexpected discovery in downtown Gardiner, Maine.”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a nice place to eat and not sure what Gardiner had to offer. We probably would not have known it was a restaurant had it not been for the sign. The front of the building looks like a store. Inside is not large but still seats several. Service is excellent. We were told it might be a few minutes before we got our food but it didn't seem long at all. I had shrimp scampi and my husband had a sweet sausage dish with ziti. The servings are quite large and very hot and both were very good. He loved the garlic bread and ate both our pieces. One thing I especially liked was not having to listen to the canned music that is so often played in eateries. All you could hear was conversation and folks enjoying their meal. Love that. Did not have to ask for check and noticed that the other customers got their credit cards returned very quickly. Overall, it was a very positive experience in a nice little place in mid coast Maine.

3 Thank Navywife67
Gardiner
“Good Food Shame About The Staff”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We've been to pastaz several times but haven't gone back since February.

A reservation was made via email for valentines day. I was told by reply that it was booked and they would call me back to confirm later in the day. No call back by mid-afternoon the same day so I called them only to be told they had cancelled my reservation as I didn't contact them after the email.

I explained that they stated very clearly they would contact me and had not. At the stage I was told nothing could be done and offered no apology which in my mind is unforgivable as it ruined valentines day.

Haven't been back since. A shame as the food is pretty good. However, staff that can't offer a simple sorry for a huge mistake means I spend my dollars elsewhere now.

• Visited February 2012