“Just gets better”

Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Gardiner
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Second visit, had an oyster po' boy and my darling wife had a pepper jack/chipotle mayo/salsa grilled turkey sandwich. Words cannot describe how good these sandwiches are.

1  Thank flanalan

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were looking for a breakfast place near Augusta where we were staying and didn't want a chain restaurant. We found A1 on Yelp and decided to give it a try. When we first saw the place we were a bit hesitant to go in, but we were glad we did. The food was plentiful and in general quite tasty. The bacon was not very flavorful and fell a bit flat, but overall we were pleased with our meals. Our server was very pleasant and attentive, without being overbearing. The coffee was to die for -specially brewed by Wicked Joe.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have eaten at A-1 twice, two years apart, and left very disappointed both times. Cramped, very poor air circulation (lots of fried food smells), tiny booths, impersonal/unfriendly wait staff and the food: Rates a 3 at best on a 10 scale and WAY over priced, even for Maine tourist traps. For this place, two strikes and you are OUT.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

It all started with parking spot right outside this funky old lunch car that is suspended in the air. Once inside I knew it was a place I was going to like. Our server was very friendly and helpful on deciding what to order. I had the bacon, caramelized onion and Gruyere grilled cheese and my friend had the meatloaf sandwich. Both were hot and delicious and served with chips and a pickle. If you like this type of restaurant you will like A1 Diner. Visited on Thursday 9/13. Hope I'll find myself in the area again to try some other menu items.

1  Thank Travel8150
Reviewed September 6, 2012

During our vacation of New England, we made it a point to stop by the A1 Diner in Gardiner Maine. While it was not that magical lunch, it was pretty good. My wife got the fish tacos, I got a burger. Service was good and it was not terribly crowded. Would definitely recommend for anyone thinking about it.