We had driven by the Inn a number of times going to New Hampshire, always wondering how the accomodations were. For my wife's birthday, I decided it would be a good time to experience the Oxford House Inn. We stayed in the "Porch Room", which was absolutely gorgeous. It had all the country charm you would expect at an older inn, with many modern amenities. The bathroom had a two person whirlpool tub, new stone tile, and the best shower I have ever used. The room was divided with a porch sitting room, and a bedroom with a very comfortable king bed.
We had dinner at the Inn, which was perfect. My wife and I agree, it was one of the best meals we have ever had. Everything from the appetizers, to the homemade Belgian milk chocolate ice cream for dessert--absolutely perfect. You could tell every ingredient was fresh and the meals were expertly prepared--which was evident in the flavors and its presentation.
Breakfast was heavenly. I had the stuffed french toast with strawberries and white chocolate. Again, it was quite possibly the best breakfast I have ever eaten. To top it all off, the beautiful morning view looking at the White Mountains was just breathtaking.
Go see for yourself...you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price range (per night) $149-$205 USD. Clean, contemporary, Arts & Crafts Style inn celebrating rich history of the area. Traditional features include dramatic use of hardwood throughout and stunning mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Oxford House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford House Hotel Fryeburg
- Oxford House Inn Fryeburg, Maine