My husband & I dined at the Oxford House Inn recently while vacationing in NH. We received friendly service throughout the night that made this a charming experience. The menu that night seemed more heavily weighted in deep fried preparations. We chose the Maine crab cakes, the crispy Vietnamese short ribs with pho broth, for mains, the pulled duck & the steak frites & the . The crab cakes were incredible, light and crispy served with a lemony aioli, & while the short ribs were a tad too salty, the overall presentation & conception of the dish was genius. The steak frites was a huge disappointment - the steak was ok but the shoestring fries were dry, stringy, & burnt. There wasn't a distinguishing feature of this dish that stood out. My advice would be to stick to the appetizers and the great desserts. The location of the inn and views from it's dining room are purportedly fantastic but as we dined late in the evening, we really can't comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Price range (per night) $139-$189 USD. Clean, contemporary, Arts & Crafts Style inn celebrating rich history of the area. Traditional features include dramatic use of hardwood throughout and stunning mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Oxford House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford House Hotel Fryeburg
- Oxford House Inn Fryeburg, Maine