Oxford House Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Quality Inn(North Conway)
View Hotel
Fox Ridge Resort(North Conway)
View Hotel
Residence Inn North Conway(North Conway)
View Hotel
All reviewsporch roomback porchnorth conwaybird feedersb bcinnamon donutsnew englandsteak fritesbreakfast roomhighly recommend the oxfordrain showeramazing hostsjacuzzi tubbeautiful roomoverlooking the fieldsguest roomsmountain range
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

While walking up the path to the Oxford House, you can’t help but take in the pristine beauty that surrounds it. The immediate landscape is meticulously maintained and the White Mountains in the backdrop are breathtaking. We arrived for check in at dinner time, the porch had tables set for diners, and the dining rooms were starting to fill up. Natalie greeted us and gave us a tour of the inn graciously and without skipping a beat at an obviously busy time for her. That was a great first impression. The guest rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is much more than the typical muffin or bagel that you would find at most Bed and Breakfasts. You are seated at a well dressed table with a menu including several choices of freshly prepared meals including fresh fruit and a special goodie - just what you need to start your day in an area that is so filled with outdoor physical activities! We enjoyed absolutely everything about our stay at the Oxford House Inn!

Room Tip: There are two rooms here that provide more than one bed. Room 3 and the sewing room are quiet and have beautiful views!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed here in the 1990s and loved it, and we finally got back to Maine this month. We were happy to find that the rooms, the innkeepers, and the restaurant were even better than we remembered. New to us was the bar area downstairs, where we had dinner one night--completely charming and cozy. The breakfasts were as delicious as ever, and you just can't beat the views of the White Mountains from the large breakfast room windows. We enjoyed talking to the owners, a friendly young couple--he's the chef, a graduate of the CIA in New York. The restaurant was packed (largely with locals) both nights we were there--reservations a must.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Let's just say...this place is perfect. My friend Della and her family go once a year. She told me about the amazing place; in fact, she borrowed my camera and took some great shots of her family enjoying their night. So my hubby took notes and booked a birthday weekend for me. It was amazing. Even though we only live 1/2 hour from the place, my hubby booked one of the suites. IT was perfect. It was like sleeping in an ocean front cottage. Loved it . And the food. WOW! It not only tasted good, but looked beautiful. The presentation was just..simply amazing. It was the kind of food you wanted to take pictures of! :) And it was some of the best food I have ever had. The chef put flavors together that I would have never imagined would taste good, but boy was I wrong. The flavors tickled my senses. Now..we are a middle class family so we couldn't afford to go here all the time..we wish we could! But there is something to be said about finding a place to visit for special occasions. We will definitely go back for another meal...I think with apps, meal, dessert, and drinks we spent $125 (for 2) people. Not horrible and definitely worth every penny. Everything was cooked to order. The menu changes with the season. They pride themselves on using fresh ingredients and local ingredients when possible. We thought dinner was perfect and then breakfast was just a delight. All this talk of food is making me want to go visit the Oxford House Inn right now.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here in the summer of 2010 for an anniversary trip. My husband and I stayed one night in Jackson, NH and the other night in Fryeburg (I found two great Inns and couldn't decide where to stay so we decided to do one night at one inn and the other night in the other inn!).
The Oxford House Inn is a beautiful inn and the innkeepers were friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Porch Room Suite - what a beautiful room! It was comfortable, spacious and the perfect little retreat. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and the view from the breakfast room was breathtaking! Definitely stay here!
I also stayed at the OHI in December for a girl's night out. We stayed in Room One which provided two beds and a tiny bathroom (which was fine for the two of us staying for one night). Once again, the innkeepers were very welcoming and breakfast was delicious.
Two different stays, both fantastic...we will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2011

THE find of our summer: the Oxford House Inn! Our room was large, nicely appointed and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the towels are super thick. The bathroom was small, but the shower's water pressure was great.

Breakfast and dinner were both wonderful - the chef/owner was very accomodating for our daughter with a restrictive diet due to allergies.

The chain hotels in North Conway charge the same amount and can't compare. We've already rebooked for camp visiting weekend!

• Stayed: July 2011