All reviews driving range carriage house white mountains north conway pete sandi wonderful hosts long driveway the blue room new owners beautiful property home cooked breakfast fryeburg fair winter weekend the main house screened porch every morning new hampshire
Reviewed July 6, 2018

My hubby and I were at Old Saco Inn for his 60th birthday celebration. The inn and it's grounds were really beautiful. Bruce and Jon were welcoming hosts, and our room had a great view of the gorgeous lawn.
Our breakfasts were diverse, creative, and downright yummy. We had two dinners..both excellent.
We felt "at home' during our stay, and would return in a snap!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2018

The Old Saco Inn is special, no doubt about it. 7 miles outside of Fryeburg, in a peaceful setting with hosts, Bruce and Jon going out of their way to make everyone feel at home and able to RELAX, I went with friends for a celebration and we barbequed the first night we arrived, eating in a screened porch (Maine is buggy in June but the property is sprayed and all of the rooms are screened) and then joining our hosts and their friends for marsh mellow roasting around a roaring campfire. Jon makes fantastic breakfasts! Not to be missed...Dinner is served Thursday-Saturday and the menu looked wonderful which we perused in their cosy bar. Free use of kayaks for a lark down the river at the bottom of the property which is set well back from the road.

Room tip: I had a large. comfortable room, Emma's loft across from the main lodge which I loved
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2018

We stayed for three nights in the cleverly converted two horse stall part of the carriage house. It was roomy and delightful. The two new proprietors made this a wonderful time, from giving us tips on what to see in the area to making original cocktails (one they named after me!). The food was delicious and served beautifully in their large but cozy dining room. The view of the mountains and a walk on the property seeing the river, white birches and pines, fiddle head ferns and purple wood violets was a treat as was getting to know their dog Izzy. However, the best part was meeting up for dinner with a close high school friend after 48 years! The dinner they prepared for us was amazing and made the memorable event even more special.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came in for Sunday funday brunch and we were not disappointed! I love a good Bloody Mary and this was honestly one of the best. We split the blueberry french toast crumble as a "brunchetizer" and had omelettes and eggs Benedict for the main. The food was outstanding, the service was attentive, and we had a great chat with John (one of the owners). Beautiful, scenic, relaxing location. This place is a hidden gem and we look forward to coming back soon!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Bruce and Jon were such great hosts! I was in town for business and I cannot wait to go back for pleasure. The views, the food, the company were all superb!

Pictures are my welcome basket and room views!

Trip type: Traveled on business