“So welcoming and comfortable!”

The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Fryeburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My stay at the Admiral Peary was perfect! My diabetic cat and his best buddy loved the 600-thread count sheets of the Tuscan room, as did I. Donna was wonderful in trusting them to be the well-behaved cats they are. I so enjoyed Maya, the golden lab who surrounds everyone she meets with love and enthusiasm. Donna's cats were busy elsewhere much of the time but very sweet and welcoming too when they did appear. There is plenty of room for all, with the sun porch full of comfy cushioned spots and the pool room and the TV room with lots of sectional spots for viewing. I loved the common refrig and microwave area where I could get a snack from the array she thoughtfully provides. The location was perfect for me because it's near family but perfect for anyone wanting to explore the North Conway, Bridgeton or Lovell areas from a quiet, comfy, homey base. Donna's breakfasts were wonderful too. I watched her thoughtfully help the other guests with dinner reservations and other arrangements that newcomers to an area need. And she has set up the inn so I could easily come and go to my family gatherings. I have already booked my next stay and am so looking forward to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Donna greeted us upon arrival, along with her beautiful golden retriever, Mya. It was very warm and welcoming greeting.

We were treated like family, with the warmth and charm of a true New Englander. The comfort of The Admiral Peary Inn is charm, warmth and everything you could possible ask for from a B & B. We hated to end our three day stay and definitely made a new and lasting friend with Donna. As a travel agent, I cannot give a high enough recommendation to Donna as an Innkeeper. Donna made us feel like old friends immediately and provided a welcome atmospehere throughout our stay. Breakfast was perfect - above and beyond our anticipation.

I am posting a referral for The Admiral Peary Inn to my travelers as a "must stay" location to visit Fryeburg, ME and the White Mountain area of Maine & New Hampshire.

Donna and The Admiral Peary Inn will see us again. We look forward to trying each of Donna's well decorated and theme driven rooms of the Admiral Peary Inn.

Thank you Donna for a wodnerful three days in Maine.

Dave & Reggie

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oriental Room which was lovely. Donna gave us a tour of all the rooms and we are an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The brochure really is accurate. Arrive as guests but leave as family. Donna has put so much of herself into the The Admiral Peary Inn and it shows. The rooms are decorated in a whimsical manner and the beds are very comfortable. The bathroom in the Tuscany room had its own separate heater that I appreciated on our cold March days. It was also stocked with a great hair dryer and all the necessary toiletries.
I was in town to pick up my son from an educational wilderness program at Summit Achievement in nearby Stowe. Donna couldn't have been more accommodating to me with a late check in and a wonderful breakfast the next day. I arrived the night before a big snow storm hit and she offered to drive me to pick up my son as she knew I was concerned about driving in the snow. Donna had to wait several hours before it was time to head back to the Admiral Peary and she did so willingly and with a smile on her face. We were snowed in for an extra day but Donna was ready to play host to us and we got an extra day of yummy breakfast and snuggles from her sweet yellow lab Maya. My son loved staying there and just hanging out in the comfortable house watching the snow fall. Donna had the snowplow out to dig us a pathway in the morning and we said goodbye to our new friend. My son has kept in touch with her by phone and she has helped us out on several occasions. We are so glad to have such a lovely friend nearby our son as he finishes his semester. See you next time Donna!

Room Tip: We loved the Tuscany room with a nice decor and 2 chairs for reading. Pack light as all rooms are up...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful b&b over school vacation week with our 2 kids (12, 8) and had a wonderful stay. The rooms are great and the breakfasts very filling. Our kids loved the pool table and Donna's dog Maya. I loved sitting in the front library reading my book in this grand original room. Donna is a great host and very knowledgeable about the area. Fryeburg is a great location with lots of activities nearby. Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had the chance to see the Admiral Peary House after Donna, the new innkeeper, moved in. Wow! What a beautiful inn. I love the themed rooms (with decor from around the world). Not too over the top, just comfortable, inviting and lovely to see.

I'm a dog-lover, and there were others there with their dogs too. I'm happy to see that the inn is pet-friendly. And friendly is the operative word here! From the time you enter, you feel welcomed and part of a large group of friends.

This is a great place to stay when visiting Fryeburg Academy, Fryeburg, Maine or the Mt Washington Valley - accessible to all that both Western Maine and the White Mountains have to offer. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center here, but don't miss the Oxford House (within walking distanc...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Being from the Bay Area (live in Singapore now) I've staying in many B&B's; Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, London, Sydney, etc. and have an eye for quality and very picky about food and comfort. In a relatively short time, Donna has assembled a masterpiece at the Admiral Peary Inn. She has excellent taste in room decor and all amenities. As a dog lover, the greeting from Maya wagging her tail upon arrival and her trotting upstairs in the morning for my "wake up call" was as if I was at home. Breakfast was whenever I got up and tasty as ever with sausage and waffles topped with her homemade warmed blueberry preserves. And this was after my starter of fresh strawberries with yogart and granola. Quantity and quality was just right. The shower had good pressure and water well heated even upstairs which is not always easy in an older property. Rooms were emaculate and bed was super cozy. The historic house is a perfect fit for Donna and who puts her worldly impression and good taste on different themed rooms. I stayed in the Tuscany room and will try a different one next time. Donna has succeeded in making this Inn feel like home. Any weary traveler can't help but be put in a relaxed mode after spending time with her in this beautiful home. Will be through again in Spring and stay at there, for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I did not book this b n b since this was my husbands plan / surprise.. This Inn has all the charm you could want and expect from a histrorical Inn. We where greeted by Donna P and her love bug of a dog Myra.~ Donna had all the amenities needed .. and had our tickets for our mystery murder dinner / train ride show.. it was fabolous and Donna was if not more excited about us going~ We sat outside on one of the decks in the afternoon sun , and than we were shown to our room .. THe room was so quaint with the english charm (we stayed in the english garden) room.
The bed was oh so comfortable... we loved the decor and feel of the Inn, we only stayed one evening however we would love to come back... did i mention the waffles!! delicious .. Donna makes your breakfast when you want it:) just not at 5 am:)
Everything was so nice it was quiet , clean. ANd also lovely to meet the pets .. myra, honey, and shasha .. (spelling) two cats and a dog so if your not an animal friend/ this may not be the place for you .. (dogs are welcome)
we look forward to a future visit.. check out this beautiful location .. in the amazing white mountains with out the insane crowd.. s and noise.. this is off the beaten path but not too far
tremondous value for the $ .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Admiral Peary Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!