“Staff at the Hotel is very accomadating to our needs.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Freeport
“Staff at the Hotel is very accomadating to our needs.”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

On Vacation, from Florida, with three other couples. We picked this hotel, because it is a Comfort Suites. We have always had excelent service and care with Comfort Suites, and have always been able to use their Landary, washers and dryers. But the Freeport Comfort Suites stated that they do not have a washer and dryer for guests. The front desk stated that they would do our landary for us do to the raining condistions outside and that we are on motorcycles. They stated that they have tried to get landary service for their guests, but Choice Hotel have Nixed that upgrade. My next email will be to Choice Hotels. The staff at Freeport, Maine, Comfort Suites, located at 500 US Route 1, have been very accomadating. I (all 8 of our group) thank them.

Ted Russell
Longwood, Florida

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank stop12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
n.h.
Reviewed May 24, 2009

the staff at this hotel are excellent. anything you need they'll get for you and do if they can. there extra friendly and just give it that like extra something. the rooms are great. and if your there for peace and quite. you got it. and it just down the road for your shopping fun. we alway have a good time when we stay here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
duiji
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Where do I start. When we arrived we were one of two hockey teams, We were made to sign a ridiculous form that no other guests were required to sign. Then after driving one of the other large teams to the Holiday Inn Express down the street and leaving half the hotel empty the people at the desk paid other kids to follow our kids around which made things worse. Then we had all the kids in our room watching TV and they had the nerve to come and complain. We were not in the halls and not in the pool by 8:30 pm they were still harassing us. We were not the only group in the hotel and we were not making alot of noise. I won't say we did not make any noise but we were not loud. I did not come here to be restricted to my room by 8:30 by a couple of hotel receptionists. The only thing I can say is be thankful I am not an attorney because this was boarderline harrassment. I would also like to state that the unemployment rate is up and they can surely hire better staff, at least some that do not break the child labor laws. Get a clue.................

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank duiji
scorpioMaine, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2009
Our sports season has wound up and we are pleased to report that 99% of our sports teams guests had a positive experience at our Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience. We would like to respond that March is one of our busiest months and we have sold out to sports teams Hockey, basketball, .. for the past 9 years with many teams being repeat guests. We do have a form that we ask Coaches and parents to review and sign when minors are staying in our suites, so as not to disrupt the guests who are not with a team.
maine
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Pool was wonderful, hotel was clean, staff was exceptional. Would recommend this hotel to anyone (and have!)

• Liked — Pool and hot tub.
  • Disliked — Nothing! Was fantastic.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Very friendly staff. Doreen at the front desk is tops. Always had a smile and extremely pleasant and helpful. The place was booked solid and this gal was not the least bit flustered with all the activity going on. Very clean accommodations, great shower power. The breakfast buffet was constantly being replenished by the servers. Very nice exercise room and indoor pool. TV reception was great as was the free wireless internet in each room. Convenience of a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in the room was greatly appreciated, with coffee always available in the breakfast room as well. Room was also equipped with hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Cookies at the front desk in the afternoon is always a welcome treat. Nice little sitting area within the room. Very comfortable bed and pillows. The one bad thing is this is located right off I95 so if you get a room in the back of the bldg. the traffic on I95 may be bothersome. Also, there is no fan in the bathroom, so when you take a shower, the huge mirror steams up. This is a very nice, well run establishment and we enjoyed our brief stay and will definitely be back if we are again in the area.

• Liked — Cleanliness and friendliness
  • Disliked — I95 outside the room; no fan in bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nonnap
Richmond, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 15, 2008

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites in Freeport at least 1/2 dozen times. We love the consistency of the cleanliness, the breakfast, the staff and the cookies!

The first thing to remember is that the Comfort Suites are not 5 star hotels. That having been said, I could hardly find a better bargain for my money. The Comfort Suites has always been impecably clean any time we have stayed. Wear and tear? Yes, we have seen it in the areas I would expect it, but never dirty. They have been undergoing renovations for the past year or so and we look forward to seeing if the changes are noticeable.

The breakfast is among the best 'free' ones we have encountered in our travels. The Belgian waffles are a huge hit with our whole family and there are also bagels, doughnuts, English Muffins, muffins, yogurt, fruit, good coffee and several types of juice... We've had bacon and other items there on weekend days. There is usually enough space in the breakfast room to get around, although this hotel does seem to be very popular with school athletic teams. (No worry, all of them have always been polite, it just gets busy on occasion). This area is also very well maintained by the staff. The pool and pool area are also impecably maintained. The door to the pool is locked and accessed with your room key- a great safety feature as well . There have always been plenty of towels and a large, clean bathroom is here too. Another nice treat are the freshly baked cookies on the counter when you check in...or head out...or just go down to get a cookie...

The staff has always been kind and courteous to a fault, whether on the phone or in person. I have made reservations both online and phoned the hotel directly. I find that the prices can tend to go down closer to our arrival date, so I recommend getting online to check and see if the price has changed before arrival. Just today I saved an additional $20/night off my already discounted 15% off the rack rate price (using a coupon mailed to me from the Freeport Suites directly). From $139.99 to $98.99 with a few clicks of the mouse! It pays to surf. Now we can enjoy dinner at Buck's Naked BBQ (yum-mee!) with the savings!

It isn't close enought to walk to LL Bean, but there is a lot of parking at Bean, so we don't mind. Plus, we buy so much there I wouldn't want to have to lug it all back even a short distance! There is a great little Thai Restaurant across the road where we get take-out. Also, Gritty McDuff's up the road serves a great burger or dinner salad. They travel back to the room nicely, too.

We have never been disappointed here over several years of travel.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not a pretty area, although nice enough. Kind of a motel strip area.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Luvamoose67
New England
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Wow! This place was great! It is by far one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed in. I even look under beds and behind toilets, being a neat nick. I couldn't find anything wrong.

The hot breakfast was better than any Hampton I have ever stayed at. I always thought they had the best breakfast, but not any more. The brekafast lady was just like my grandmother andtreated us so well.

Tha front desk learned out name and used it. That is a WOW!

• Liked — Cleanliness and Staff
  • Stayed November 2007
1 Thank JSRtraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!