“Excellent Customer Service and a Good Hotel for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent Customer Service and a Good Hotel for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is listed as a suites hotel but the suites are actually really large rooms with a half wall between the beds and the sofa. The room has coffee, refrigerator included in the cost. The breakfast was good with waffles, eggs and pastries. The indoor pool is small but clean and fun. Rooms are a bit dated but clean and comfortable although the doors all seem to slam and are loud during the night. Staff is fabulous, they really try to make your stay comfortable. the staff also knows the area and can answer any questions you might have.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I decided that since there is not much to do around here this time of year, I would get my daughter and greatgrandchildren together for a weekend to stay at a local hotel and swim, eat breakfast which is included.
The service was impecible! The manager on duty told us to ask for our fresh baked cookies when we came back from a little jaunt in the city. The room was clean the pool was fine and the hot tub was awsome. We really had a great time and spending $200.00 for a weekend with the kids having a good time and making memories was priceless!
Thanks to the staff at Comfort Inn & Suites. You all made it worth coming back.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor (Room 105) it was close to pool and breakfast room and lobby. The wind...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pattyannefoley
SUNNY P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Freeport Comfort Suites for your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that the services was provided to you was exceptional for your whole family. Our aim is to please all guest at all times during their stay here at Comfort Suites. Thanks again and hope to see you and your family again. Comfort Suites Team..!
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

this was our first stay at this location in a Comfort Inn. Martin at the front desk was a very nice, and polite man with many helpful suggestions. He made us feel welcome. We had a coupon that was honored without any problems. The room was very clean and well stocked with towels etc. Ed, the ktchen manager/chef was very pleasant and the breakfast buffet was great. We got to try crossants that were excellent. We even had a delisious omlet and Canadian bacon on the first morning. We asked Marie, working the desk, if she would mind taking a photo of us infront of the hotel. She was very happy to do that. We would definitely stay here again. Thanks.

Room Tip: We liked the first floor room 109. It was close to the pool, the breakfast area and we had a nice vi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wynnie B
SUNNY P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing Freeport Comfort Suites for your recent stay. We appreciate the positive feed back for our hotel and the staff as well as the morning breakfast. Our comfort Suites team looks forward to seeing you on your future travel. We would love to make your next stay rememberable .Thank you again from Comfort Suites Team.
Cobourg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

this was our 4th stay in as many years at this place. even though renovated a couple of years ago, it surely has deteriorated. there is mold around the bathtub due to lacking/poor caulking, water pressure is very weak and to top it all off, they did not clean the room and just hang a bag of new towels by the door. staff made some lame excuses and did not really try to please guests.
good-by comfort suites - this was our last visit!

Room Tip: rooms toward US1 are much quieter than the ones toward the interstate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wilfrid L
SUNNY P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your response. If you would had come to the Management we would had helped you in better way..! And tried to make your stay comfortable .Comfort Suites Team.!
Moncton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I arrived at reception 8pm last Thursday evening, coupon in hand for the advertised price of $79. The receptionist told me they were not honouring the coupon, apparently because they thought there was a good chance they could rent therooms for full price that night. He added there was some kind of caveat in the wording of the coupon that permitted revoking the discounted price. If there is such a disclaimer, it is sufficiently vague to me. I asked him what his best price was and was asked in turn if I was an AAA member and I replied yes. Pause. I was the asked if I had a loyalty (my word) card and again replied yes. After another pause he quoted me a price of $90. I thanked him, left, and found a room elsewhere. Not the kind of business I want.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank maritimes22
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights in March 2013. I was excited to have the extra space, with a gym, pool and hot tub to boot.

We arrived well after check-in, but the man working the front desk still acted as if he had a huge pile of work to do. I had booked two rooms, a king suite and a 2 queen suites. Upon check in, I was informed both romos were queens. I let it go.. the room was nice, but out our window I could see THREE broken glass windows, clearly rooms above us had broken their windows and there they laid...

The pool is extremely small, wouldn't say more than 6 people can be in it at the same time.

Breakfast was good, waffle station and sausage and eggs along with yogourt, hard boiled eggs and bread/bagels/muffins.

The sign on the front of the building only says comfort, the suites part is all burnt out... not a good first impression as you drive in.

I can't say any of the staff were helpful NOR friendly. Not once was I greeted when I entered or exited the lobby. Even the breakfast lady was "mute". Terrible customer service if you ask me.

Basically I would recommend staying elsewhere... there are many other properties in and near Freeport! And hopefully you can find one not backing on to the highway... VERY noisy at night, with all the 18-wheeler's driving through.

I wish I had a better review to write, I was really looking forward to staying here... but it proved to be the first and last time I will visit.

Get your act together, staff.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 902Queenie
Walhalla, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed at the Freeport Maine Comfort Suites numerous times. The most recent was in mid-March in 2013. The hotel is showing a continuous decline, both physically and service. It has reached the point where I will no longer stay in this hotel. Specifically, the outside appearance (even considering that it is late winter in Maine) is not being taken care of. Trash left laying around the entrance (frozen into the snow). Broken signage. A general lack of maintenance. Room was OK but carpet is shoddy and dirty, bed linens are worn. But the really irritating feature was the manager. I had called two days earlier to confirm my reservation and a rude voice told me "I'm busy call back later"; I did and got the same statement. I insisted she look up my reservation and was told (this is a direct quote) "yeah, you're good". When I arrived, a woman with that same voice checked me in. As far as I could tell, we were the only ones in the lobby, maybe the only people in the hotel (mid March in Maine). She was rude, she was lacking in any professionalism, she should find another line of work.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LarryGering
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
#1 of 11 in Freeport
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!