“Average Super 8, good location”

Super 8 Freeport Brunswick Area
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Palm Desert, CA
“Average Super 8, good location”
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Clean and nice room. Average Super 8. Staff not the most helpful in placing us in a room with a microwave which we had requested well ahead of time. Refrig in all rooms. LL Bean outlet is just down the road from here. One night in Freeport is enough.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 1, 2007

We stayed here during our honeymoon on the way to Acadia 13 years ago. It was much better then. I was shocked when my full credit card number appeared on the receipt AND they took an imprint. I have an email into Super 8 asking their corporate policy, but my credit card company was shocked. What do they do with these and how do they dispose of them. The part owner told me it was to prove I was there. I told him the swipe would do that.
Room was clean, but cramped. At 9am the cleaning crew was trying to get into our room without knocking. He used the special key to get through the deadbolt. The only thing that saved us was the latch on the inside. Also, we had the highway out the window all night then a lawn mower woke us in the morning... right outside the window of our room!

• Liked — Location to Freeport
  • Disliked — Billing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank cachingtraveler

Travelers are raving about these Freeport hotels

New York
Reviewed March 3, 2007

I have stayed here all the times. The front desk staff in perticular- Bill Colby, He is Amezing, friendly and Accodomating.
The price is always reasonable for the area as compare to similar hotels in area. Rooms are crystal clear clean. Microwave and mini fridge in the room. Many T.V. stations with local channels and TWO HBO channels. They donot have a coffemaker in the room but they provide fresh coffe 24 Hours in the lobby area.
Overall very good hotel in economy brand. Decent breakfast and very convenient location for freeport activities.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sunlight247
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Well. It's not super fancy. I stayed here b/c it was the cheapest place in Freeport at the time ($55/night). It wasn't exactly dirty, but I also didn't feel like it was super clean. There are some good amenities like wireless interwebs, good TV channel selection, a small fridge. The showers were clean w/ good water pressure. For me and the business I had down in Yarmouth, it was a pretty good value. The breakfast was super lame, though. The coffee was burnt, the selection was only pre-packaged muffins, english muffins (only about 3 of them left), and cereal w/ only whole milk. Super poor. Still an okay experience overall.

• Liked — Wireless internet.
  • Disliked — Crap-tastic breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank phyrn
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 25, 2006

On 11.24.06 we checked in at room 141. The room was cold. Since we could not adjust the heater in any setting to blow heat we were given room 142. Later in the evening we entered the room. I pulled back the sheets out of curiosity and found hair. I brushed it off. We later flushed the toilet and it ran continuously. I was able to stop the toilet from running and went to bed. The toilet in the adjacent room began to run and ran for 45 minutes. When that finally stopped we began to fall asleep only to hear trickling water draining from the waste line within the party wall. That continued all night long. I got up to flush again, got back into bed and realized that the toilet was running again. I got up and stopped the running. Since the light bulb in the lamp next to the bed wasn't working, I put the other light on as well as the tv. It was now 430am and my wife agreed that it was time to get up and get going. The price was only $72 for the night. The service was friendly, but this motel or hotel, needs many repairs. I am not only a contractor, but a building designer, and I must say that even though the building looks great from the outside, they need to spend some serious money on the interior mechanical systems. We will never go back under any circumstances.

• Disliked — The hotel is very poor quality. There was no comfort at all.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the Hilton Garden Inn near LL Bean. That is an awesome place to stay.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chiefarchitect
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2004

If you are traveling to the Freeport, ME area, do not stay at this hotel. The sheets were stained, and it was evident that the bathroom had not been cleaned. The room was also very, very small and definitely not worth the price I paid.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2004

i wouldn't stay at this place again if they paid me!!! it was the worst stay in the world i couldn't have imagined staying at a place so filthly and so un professional... i got two diffenet rates i called and they qouted me one rate and then when i got there the rate was jacked up... then when i was checking in i was asked repeatedly if i got rates from other hotels in the area and i was asked what the other places where charging... i urge you noy to stay at this place!

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member