“Freeport Must Stay”

Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Just got back from a trip to Freeport ME and stayed at the Hampton Inn on Route 1 ! It was a very comfortable stay and very easy access to the outlets and "leaf peeping " sights in the area. The staff was excellent and the beds are so comfortable. It was also nicely decorated for the fall season which added to the pleasant atmosphere! Even during a " Noreaster" the hotel proved a very warm and cosy refuge from the rain!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick

Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel is in a great location for shopping and site seeing. It is clean, friendly staff, great breakfast and my favorite part is the beds. Extremely comfortable and the pillows are just wonderful. Free internet was nice at the end of the day too. It is located so close to the Freeport Outlets and also the restaurants. We went both up and down the coast from here and I will stay here on my next visit to the area.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I couldn't wait to leave in the morning. There were many things about this hotel that I didn't like. First when I checked in, the person at the front desk asked me for my wife's name, even though I reserved the room under my name. I have never had to give my wife's name when checking in. Why they need this information is beyond me. Second, I overheard the maid tell the people in the room next to us that they had neighbors that night. Third, the room had no microwave or refrigerator. Most hotels these days have these in the rooms. Fourth, the room was dusty. The vent in the bathroom had so much dust you couldn't see inside of it. Fifth, the room had no luggage rack. Sixth, the staircase opened up in the breakfast area. When my wife and I went down in the morning, we bumped into someone standing by the door. Thank goodness I knocked at the door before entering. The person in the breakfast area gave some wise cracking response. Seventh, the exterior of the hotel doesn't even look like a Hampton Inn. I do not recommend this hotel to anybody. Take my advise and drive to Portland to get a hotel room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Freeport on our way to Nova Scotia Canada in July. The thing I recall the most was the friendly reception from the woman working the reception counter, the fresh cookies and apples that were made available to us during the check-process (which my 3 yr old son really appreciated). I was also impressed that they heard my request (made when I reserved online) that we be accomodated on the ground floor because we were travelling with young children. The front desk clerk noted that as she handed me our room key.

The room was nice, not too large, but nice and clean. The bed was quite comfortable.

We arrived late and decided to order in pizza which, again, the front desk clerk recommended from across the street. Again, it was pretty good too.

My son and I used the pool which was clean but since he's just 3 yrs old, it was over his head with no true shallow end for him.

Complimentary breakfast was also very good, something for all of us. The only complaint I would have was that the TV (GMA) was on and was a little loud. On the other hand, I noticed most people were watching the TV so I guess it was just us who were not interested in the TV,

Anyway, we stayed at the Freeport Hampton Inn on our way to and from our summer vacation destination (in July and then August) and both stays were quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Their location is the reason I chose this hotel,. They are located about a 10min drive to downtown Freeport. Shopping at the L.L.Bean Flagship store was my reason for visiting Freeport. The store was well worth the visit. Tip: visit the outlet store first, to see if what your interested in is on sale & discounted.
I found there beds to be very comfortable.
Loved it!!
The staff were very friendly.
The breakfast was included with the room rate. After we had breakefast & proceeded to check out, I noticed bags on the counter.
I was told that they were breakfast bags to bring for travel.
I asked if I could have one & the front desk staff said to take as many has I wanted.
The bags each had an apple, breakfast bar, muffin & a bottled water.
This was great for snacking latter in the morning.
I will defintely stay there again for the extra value they give.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Stayed at a Best Western in Canal Winchester Ohio at half the price. Quality of room was much better at BW. Stayed at a Hampton in New York State last night. Room looked like it was brand new with granite in bathroom and super clean. Price was $55 less than this room. Main problem with this room was cleanliness and condition. Room was beat up. Listed in order of worst problem first. Black mold in grout in tub(health hazard), couch stained in multiple places with oil like substance, dust ruffle sagging like it had been walked on by a herd of buffalo, coffee table finish scratched off, desk finish sratched off, bathroom counter top edge gouged, bathroom door edge gouged in multiple places, black(eye makeup?) in multiple places in bathroom, black mark by front door wall, wallpaper coming off wall on long wall, scuff marks on heating unit, phone cord tangled in a knot, found three messages on phone wanting to help(too late), front clerk definetly not friendly, stopped looking. I am Hilton Honors customer. Have been for a long time. Think this is pretty close to the worst Hampton I ever stayed in. Stayed here two times before and was one of best Hamptons I stayed in ever. This was a destination for me. What happened? Where are you Hampton Quality Control?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I tend to like Hampton Inns, but this one came well short of my best experiences with the chain. First, it's way overpriced for what you get. That's probably because Freeport is more popular than it deserves because of the shopping (and little else). I stopped here to see LL Bean and wasn't disappointed with the store. Had a good meal here, too. But if you can stop for the afternoon and stay somewhere else where you get what you pay for, you'll be better off.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple