“Better than Paris”

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Boston, Massachusetts
“Better than Paris”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We recently celebrated a very speical birthday with afternoon tea at Jacqueline's ... The birthday girl declared it "better than Paris"
The food, atmosphere, shopping, and particularly Jacqueline's knowledge and skill with the different teas were all superb.
I highly recommend the tea room, you will leave happy!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jerrisland

Freeport, Maine, United States
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Jackie's tea room is an enchanting little place. I went with family and we received the star treatment from jackie, she even showed us the upstairs and had great recommendations for gifts. It is my favorite tea room and I'm from the south! We know our tea :)

Visited May 2012
1 Thank amainechickadee
Saco, ME
“Surprised friends in Rangeley with a tea-to-go treat and they were wowed!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stopped off at Jacqueline's on the way to visit friends in northwest Maine, and had intended to purchase teas and be on my way. I told Jacqueline my intent and she suggested that a scones and tea gift would work very well. I was skeptical as we would not be able to serve the scones until the next morning, but Jacqueline explained that she would provide frozen scones and that I could warm them in the oven. I ended up buying clotted cream and lemon curd as well as the scones and tea, and set off for the Rangeley lakes.

To say that my hosts were wowed was an understatement! Definitely not only was the tea-to-go a unique gift, but the quality was unsurpassed. Jacqueline's scones travel beautifully, and the gentle oven warming that she prescribed resulted in that same-day freshness I've experienced in her tea room. After the scones were gone, the clotted cream and lemon curd were brought out for every meal. (Note: the lemon curd goes beautifully with all things blueberry {pie, pancakes]). And the teas were - as always - lovely blends that my hosts were brewing up first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon in place of their standard teas.

Thanks much to Jacqueline for the wonderful suggestion!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank JanieB79
Saco, ME
“Lovely experience every time.”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I have been to Jacqueline's Tea Room several times in the last few years, and always come away happy, relaxed, full of tea - and feeling that I shared a wonderful experience with my companions. Jacqueline is an excellent hostess/proprietor. She blends her own teas so she is able to easily describe their elements, and is happy to recommend based on the tea drinker's interests and/or the foods being served. The food is always fresh and thoughtfully prepared, and I have yet to have the same thing twice - save for the delicious cucumber sandwiches. To be honest, if she just served me a plate full of the cucumber sandwiches I would be happy, but instead, she takes time to craft a beautiful array of different tasty treats with which I have never been dissatisfied. Her scones are to die for. Just what I look for in a scone: still slightly warm from the oven, delicate, fragrant. Take me back there now!!!

In addition to the pleasure of afternoon tea, Jacqueline also sells her teas, has a wonderful assortment of tea cups, tea pots, books on tea and other tea accessories plus assorted other items for sale. Definitely a feminine atmosphere and the perfect experience for women to share. The price per person might seem steep (no pun intended), but once you've been there, you'll realize the value.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank JanieB79
Leeds, Maine
“Tea time at its best”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Think of the best scone you ever ate, the most delicious morsel of sandwich or cake that you ever put in your mouth, and the most satisfying cup of tea you've ever sipped. Imagine a floral fantasy of fabric, china, books, candles, teapots and tea cups. Picture a lovely hostess with a passion for her pleasant place. Put it all together and you have Jacqueline's Tea House in Freeport, Maine. The menu is the most complete list of teas you have ever seen: everything you can think of and more. The food comes on an attractive three-tiered rack. Scones accompanied by authentic clotted cream, lemon curd, and jam are on the bottom tier; in the middle are the delicate tea sandwiches like the signature cucumber and lavender finger sandwich, along with other sandwiches with goat cheese, pesto, chicken salad and other yummy tastes; and on the top plate is an assortment of delicate little cakes and cookies and other sweet treats. As you take your tea, you sit in the midst of the gift shop bright with the many china tea pots and cups and tea towels and other treasures. Everything is prepared by owner and hostess Jacqueline whose enthusiasm is infectious and whose service is impeccable. A great afternoon out. Price is about $30 for the full tea. The experience is well worth that price. Jacqueline's Tea Room is a great stop in a great town that is known for its shopping experience at LLBean's flagship store and many outlets and other shops. Be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited March 2011