“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had high hopes for dinner but we're disappointed in poor food and ok service. I ordered chicken corn chowder as an app and got a cup full of onion pieces and a few pieces of chicken. We then ordered chicken, brisket and pulled pork with corn bread. The corn bread edges were hard and stale and the meat was extremely dry and had huge pieces of fat on the plate. I would not return here again.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The place is known for its ribs so we decided to give a try. We got there supper time and were seated immediately. Service was quick. The waitress got our orders and drinks. We got our drinks within 2 minutes and then 3 minutes later the food. The ribs were dry .... too dry to our taste and they were barely warm as were the potatoes. The quickness of it left us thinking the plates were already made up waiting for us. There was plenty on the plates though and I have to say the cornbread was very good. The decor was appropriate as was the music. So overall I would not take a detour to go there.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've been to Buck's many times for drinks, dinner, lunch, a snack and the juke joint.

The BBQ is ok. It all taste the same. The sauces on the table are pretty basic. They do make a good bloody mary and I have enjoyed there salads and fried pickles.

The juke joint is dark and dank and the music is way to loud for such a small space.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've worked in Memphis, the Carolinas & Texas for long stretches, I know good BBQ when I have it. And I look for good BBQ, so Buck's caught my eye. I stopped for lunch, and had their Grilled Romain Salad (OK, I know, "grilled romain ain't BBQ!"; I'm on a diet!) and an appetizer order of four ribs.

The ribs were served dry, as requested, and while they were not fresh off the pit, they were good; tasty, with a good rib & smoke flavor.

The grilled romaine was actually quite good too. It reminded me of a meal I had in Venice 5 or 6 years ago; good veggies grilled then placed on top of a split heart of romaine that had been grilled just so.

Service was fast (it was a Monday lunch, not a busy time); the music system was playing good old tunes and the dessert menu looked tempting.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Two friends and I came here for lunch on the recommendation of one in our group after shopping in Freeport. We were not disappointed. I was tempted by everything on their menu and had a difficult time deciding on just one thing! I had the Brazilian short rib sandwich. Melt in your mouth! We all loved our meal. I'll be back for sure to try other offerings!

Been to Buck's Naked BBQ? Share your experiences!