All reviews front desk pancake maker cinnamon rolls room was clean nice hotel road noise ll bean light sleeper the breakfast area would stay here again short drive wi fi stayed one night nice breakfast bar harbor third floor shopping
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

This is the second time my wife and I stayed here on our annual fall trip to Maine. It is close to the highway and a short drive into Freeport. We had a room on the first floor which was clean and comfortable. Our room was on the side of the building so it was not noisy. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was a typical chain hotel breakfast which is good enough for me.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2016

Another stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Freeport, Maine. Room was perfectly clean Furnishings and linens were simple but left nothing to be desired. My room was on back of motel and you can definitely hear the northbound traffic on I-95, all night. Didn't disturb my sleep though

A special note to "Shannon" , the young lady who managed the breakfast room. It was a typical HIE breakfast setup but Shannon was a delight. The room was spotlessly clean and breakfast items that needed to be refilled were instantly brought out from the backroom. Shannon has a delightful smile and greeted every guest with a pleasant "good morning".

Business on the road can be stressful and irritating but Shannon started my morning off in a great way. She should be commended for her professionalism and attitude, especially as she is probably the first person most guests see in the morning

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LarryGering
Reviewed September 28, 2016

The very friendly clerk was not very service oriented (Professional) on a low occupancy night.
I asked for a quieter room because rooms in proximity to ice machines and elevators are notoriously noisy. She switched my room to next to the laundry and across from the pool. At 11pm ...they graciously agreed to stop laundering (6 inches from my head-board) ...untill 9am.
The thermostat was inoperative bvut the antique bathroom was clean.
I am a Platinum HGI member and enjoy Holiday inns worldwide.
Even in Maine professionalism is expected. The lowest rate (Incl.tax over $140).is way overpriced.

Room tip: be sure to get a "reasonably" quiet room
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Dear Mr H,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our property and I apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered with regards to the room assigned to you and service received from our staff. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here while traveling thru Maine on vacation. Appeared to be a newer facility. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lady who handled breakfast was delightful actually. One word of advice though, stay on the side opposite of the highway if possible. We heard quite a bit of road noise. Over-all, great stay!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

Easy to reach location. Near L L Bean. Even though this hotel fronts on US 1 and backs very near I-295, the rooms are quiet.
Hotel staff is friendly and helpful.
Usual HEI breakfast.
Hotel room furniture-especially beds-are nearing the end of their "high comfort" level.
Nevertheless, I do recommend this hotel for your LL Bean and Freeport Villages shopping experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple