“Great Again”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Great Again”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Second time we have stayed here. We took three friends this time. A brilliant stay again.
Comfy beds and great service. As hotel fast breakfasts go this was also fine. If you are in the are stay here I dont think you will be disappointed. Hope to be staying again next year.

Room Tip: Upper floor if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank scottfire
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving our property a review. We are so glad to hear that once again you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you bringing your friends along to share a great experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. For best rates please contact us directly and let the front desk know you are a returning costumer! Thank you again for taking time to leave us feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Freeport, Maine which was a lovely hotel--clean, friendly and helpful--on a 2 week motorcycle trip from Minnesota to the East Coast.

We had a box to ship from the hotel back to MN. The manager went "Above and Beyond" helping us to resolve the problems we had getting it picked up and shipped. She certainly went out of her way and we thank her for that.

If you are looking for a place to stay where you are not just a number...this Holiday Inn Express cares.

Thanks from the MN Harley folks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly apprecaite you taking time to leave our property a review. I am glad we were finally able to get your package sent off for you. If you are ever back in Maine we would love to have you stay with us again. I will be sure to share this review with our housekeeping and front desk staff. Happy Fall!
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My Mom and I were doing some shopping in the area and decided to pick a place last minute. This one was GREAT! Great deal. Gave us a room on the NOT HIGHWAY side. The bed was lovely. The breakfast was top notch. The room was really clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Even the parking lot was well maintained. The staff was super helpful and kind and wonderful. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to a highway. Get a room on the side NOT facing the highway if you are a light s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to hear that you and your Mother enjoyed staying with us. I agree with you, we do have a wonderful staff and I am glad we were able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The housekeeping staff love to get guest feedback and I will be sure to share this with them. Typically the housekeeping get the negative feedback and not the positive and I will be sure to share this with them. Cleanliness is our priority and I am glad you enjoyed your room!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was very good for the price. My wife our two kids and I stayed here for one night on the way to Boston. Although on the outskirts, the hotel was close to the LL Bean store in Freeport village. Upon Check in, the Front Desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. There was one problem, which was more on the side of Price Line than the hotel itself, as Price Line does not allow one to enter the number of people in a party. So when I went to check in I was informed that I was booked in a room with one king bed. The lady at the Front desk tried to switch my room to one with two beds in it but could not because she said the hotel was booked solid for that night. She could not offer a cot either. For this reason, I will not be using priceline to book anymore. The risk of the four of us being stuffed in a room with one bed is too great. At least other third party sites offer an option to specify the number of people travelling.

Needless to say, the night was rough with the four of us one bed. Despite this, the bed was comfortable. I just wish there was more room to enjoy some sleep in it!

The room comes with breakfast included. The breakfast was nothing to rave about but it offered more choices than many other hotels that I have stayed at.

I would stay at this hotel again but I would use a different vehicle for booking it.

James,

I am so sorry that Priceline did know make you aware that the room type is never guaranteed. Even if you enter 4 adults into the reservation, a room with 2 beds is not always what is assigned at check in. If you do use third party agents, which I strongly discourage, I highly recommend you contacting the hotel after the reservation is made to confirm the room type. I do know that rate on those sites are sometimes lower however we (Freeport- Holiday Inn Express) are always willing to match the rate so please contact us directly in the future.

Again I apologize we were not able to switch your room type due to our high occupancy however thank you for understanding the issue was not our error. If you do travel to this area again please call us directly and we will be happy to make your reservations to issue you receive the correct room.
Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I, ( husband and 3 kids), stayed at this hotel as the start of our road trip down the East Coast. The hotel was immaculate , staff where great and it was located just off the highway. The breakfast choices where great and the food tasty and fresh. We also required a roll away bed which was brought promptly and was very comfy although it did incur an added charge.
Although the hotel states it within walking distance of LL Bean , it woul be quite a walk haha. We just took our car and parked easily.
Great hotel :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpressfreeport, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave our hotel a review. I am so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at our property. I love that our rooms are large enough to accommodate a family of 5 comfortable.

We do not have cots however I believe you were talking about a crib that was brought up to your room. We do have several cribs and are glad this came in handy for you and your family.

We would love to have you stay with us again. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation down the coast.
Toronto
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, kids had fun in pool, breakfast was ok (did the trick). Would stay here again.
It's not located right where the shops are, but close enough. Freeport has free parking, so not an issue.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make sure the rooms are as clean as they can be and I am glad you thought so as well. We have a fantastic staff and I will be sure to share this review with the appropriate members of our team.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Thank you for taking time to leave our property a review. Cheers!
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Toilet didn't flush, dirty ceiling vent in the bathroom, shower drain didn't work so you are standing in water up to your ankles while taking a shower, button labeled "wake up call" doesn't work so I called the desk for a wake up call, red blood stain on bed skirt. I did call the front desk and report these problems around 11 pm when we realized the toilet didn't work. When nobody came up to fix the toilet by midnight and my son wanted to go to the lobby to use the bathroom, I called the front desk again to inquire as to when someone would be up to fix it. The man who answered the phone replied "Oh, you didn't say you wanted me to fix it." The man then did come up. The toilet still didn't work and ran all night long-- couldn't even sleep!! The next morning, my son and I both got up with swollen red eyes and congested. Don't even want to know how dirty the bedding might be under the sheets. -- not to mention the envelope left in the room soliciting a tip for housekeeping. I am going to be sure to let the college where my son moved into know how our stay was-- so as to not advertise this establishment on their page for parents. I plan on reporting this to IHG Corporate as well. We left early the next morning. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Didn't sleep a wink. It's a nightmare! When we checked in, the girl at the desk was incredibly friendly-- but then it was all down hill from there! The guy working the desk was incredibly ineffective. IHG Rewards Club Member.

Room Tip: Dirty-- don't stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpressfreeport, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please know that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate team members and your valuable feedback will help us maintain the high standards our guests have come to expect of us.

Maintenance has already fixed the toilet issue which just needed the chain to be longer. I don't know why this issues has not been reported to us before however it has been fixed and we appreciate you letting us know to assure the next guest does not experience the running of the toilet throughout the night. The drain in the tub is functioning properly. The blood on the bed skirt is totally unacceptable and I have passed this onto housekeeping management to make sure this does not happen in the future. The service from the gentleman working front desk is also extremely unacceptable. We strive to have fantastic costumer service and this review has been passed onto the General Manager to review as well.

I apologize for all of the short falls you have experienced while staying with us and we do hope to have you stay with us again. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at 207-865-9020.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Comfort Suites
Best Western Freeport Inn
Best Western Freeport Inn
#8 of 11 in Freeport
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport? Share your experiences!