“Loved The James Place Inn”

James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Freeport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 22, 2007

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to Freeport Maine, where we stayed at The James Place Inn. Robin and Tori are excellent hosts along with their little girl Elyse. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, the room was clean and very comfortable The breakfast was excellent , with a great variety of food. We found Robin and Tori to be very helpful, they answered any and all questions we had. We are definately planning a trip back there, and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area. Don and Gail Green, Newfoundland Canada

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2007

What a delight in Freeport! The owners are wonderful and so helpful! Rooms are very comfortable and super clean! Breakfast is the best.......lots of choices! The food was excelllent. You can literally park your car and walk to all of the outlets but you are away from any noise! I would highly recommend this inn!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed August 1, 2007

My husband and I recently returned from an amazing vacation in Freeport, Maine. One of the principal reasons for our wonderful holiday was the hospitality that we received at the James Place Inn. Robin and Tori are excellent hosts. They provided us with information about the area - restaurnants, museums, shopping, tours, etc. It was very helpful. (I would recommend having the lobster at the Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster on the pier. It was awesome.) The breakfast that is served every morning is delicious. Blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, bacon, eggs, sausage and delicious coffee. We are already planning our next trip back to Freeport and the James Place Inn.

Reviewed July 3, 2007

Our room was very comfortable, cozy and clean. We chose the Pine room because of the fireplace, which is a lovely thing to have if you have energy left after all the great shopping and visiting the restaurants in Freeport. The new owners, Tori and Robin, are absolute sweethearts and cook a fabulous breakfast. Blueberry cinnamon pancakes, cheese and sausage quiche, and delicious scones and muffins were among the choices. They are very generous in their hospitality and also make excellent recommendations for restaurants. We went to Azure two nights in a row because it was so fantastic the first time. If we come back to Freeport we will definitely return!

Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband surprised me with an anniversary getaway this past weekend at the James Place Inn in Freeport. A beautiful, comfortable, gracious Victorian Inn, it is a short walk to anywhere you'd like to go in Freeport. We stayed in the beautiful Rose Room, with a clawfoot jacuzzi tub that was wonderful for soaking in. Other rooms were beautifully decorated with warm colors and appointments. While the inn was wonderful in and of itself, the innkeepers, Robin and Tori and their beautiful, bright daughter Elyce are the heart and soul of this inn, and the care they take to welcome you is almost indescribable. Ginger cookies, oatmeal cookies and whoopie pies for snacking. Breakfasts were superb with locally grown fruit and from-scratch quiche, (sausage was made locally and delicious!) blueberry pancakes,muffins and french toast, all made to order by Robin. Raspberry scones melted in your mouth (Tori's creation).
We have stayed in bed and breakfasts all over New England and, without exception, this one is our favorite. We will be returning as soon as we can. It is a treasure.

Reviewed May 19, 2007

Very accomodating owners--they even asked us what time WE would like breakfast, and what would we like!
Delicious local sausage, lots of fruit at breakfast, and fresh!
Walk to all shops and LLBean.
Very nice!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brianpatty
Reviewed February 11, 2007

What a beautiful Place to stay! I booked a weekend getaway
for some well needed R&R and good shopping, and let me tell you that this place was so therapeutic and had such an amazing energy, it far exceeded my expectations. I would have never known the Innkeepers were new owners. I stayed in the Green Room which was impeccably clean. Tori is very special and was so accommodating making sure all of my needs were met and Elyse certainly added to making my stay comfortable and a pleasure. The breakfast was very wholesome and delicious as were the cookies. Unfortunately, I did not get to meet Robin, as he was out of town, but hopefully he will be there the next time as I certainly intend to be a returning guest. I've stayed at many B&Bs and would highly recommend The James Place Inn.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank TLCWallingford,CT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
#4 of 20 in Portland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Kendall Tavern Inn Bed and Breakfast
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast

Been to James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!