“The James Place Inn sets a high standard for B&B's!”

James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Freeport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We had a thoroughly delightful long weekend at the James Place Inn. Tori and Robin were wonderful and helpful hosts, the food was delicious (homemade from scratch and bountiful), the location perfect for shopping and outings in nature, and the room (with a jacuzzi!) charming. We took advantage of one of their packages and had a glorious sunset cruise on Casco Bay. We're already planning our return trip to this wonderful B & B!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2010

An excellent place to stay. Great location within walking distance of the the shops at Freeport. The Rose room was very comfortable and the Inn-Keepers were friendly and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was fabulous. I recommend this B&B enthusiastically.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I and another couple spent a night here in August. The rooms are charming and very clean. The owners are really really nice people. The breakfasts are fabulous. We had homemade oatmeal raspberry muffins, sausage cheese frittata, blueberry pancakes, bacon, fresh fruit and juice, granola and yogurt....all great! When we arrived we were welcomed with home made chocolate peanut butter cookies. The owners know all the best spots to see, shop, eat, do. The Inn is the best location - down a quiet side street near all the shopping. The four of us voted and we'd all stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Just returned from a stay at James Place Inn.Stumbled on it by accident and were glad we did. We felt welcome and accommodated from start to departure.
My husband and I enjoy cooking and it was wonderful to be served homemade food.
As I write Tori's homemade granola is baking in my oven!
Rooms are lovely, attention to detail is in them.
Hope to visit again!
Chris and Elaine

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Robin and Tori are fantastic. This is a charming Inn with all the amenities of home. They do a great job with recommendations as well as travel info around ME. Just a beautiful place and a perfect setting.

Many thanks,

Torri and Ross

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cre1964
Reviewed August 1, 2010

From the first moment we arrived, the innkeepers were helpful and gave outstanding service. They took care of all our needs at the inn as well as made reservations for side trips and dinner reservations. The food they served was outstanding both in quality and variety. We traveled with friends and commented the owners could easily open a gourmet restaurant. We had such an excellent time the first part of our trip, we made additional reservations to come back to stay with them toward the end of our trip. Our stay at the James Place Inn was the best we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was the second time in 5 years that I stayed "at the Inn" during my trips to Maine to visit my daughter at camp. As I said hello to Tori and checked in, the scent of oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies wafted out from the kitchen. Need I go on? Tori graciously helped me with the 22 cupcakes I brought from Portland which needed refrigeration before I set off for visiting day. I settled into my favorite blue room and then went downstairs. Robin showed me his homemade bread (ready for duty as french toast) and helped me figure out where my favorite shoe store was. He gave me a map of Freeport which I studied that night. After shopping, I had the chance to catch up in my spacious, air conditioned blue room (It was 97-99 outside). Breakfast featured Maine blueberry pancakes. I did not feel uncomfortable asking to join another couple's table. Robin gave me great directions for my outings that day. I recommended my friends from Miami to stay at the Inn as well, which is a recommendation in itself.

We needed to leave a bit early for visiting day. Tori and Robin accommodated our request for an early breakfast and allowed me to use their computer to check in for my flight the next day. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
#8 of 21 in Portland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick
Brewster House Bed & Breakfast

Been to James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!