“Clean & comfortable w/congenial hosts and lots of charm”

James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Freeport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed for just one night, and really enjoyed our stay with Tori and Robin. The house is spotless, the breakfast was delicious, and it was in walking distance of all the shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend this B&B.

There are newer reviews for James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 19, 2009

My stay at James Place Inn was very relaxing. The Inn was adorable, clean and comfortable. The breaksfasts were amazing!!! I would stay here again. Its only a twenty minute drive to Portland Maine and about an hour to Booth Bay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2009

From the welcome we received in the driveway to the comfortable room to the delicious breakfasts, the James Place Inn proved to be a terrific place to relax amid the hustle of Freeport. It was a great place to unwind after touring and shopping. The tone is set by the proprietors, Tori and Robin, who were not only friendly and hospitable, but clearly on top of the guests needs and wants. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed September 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Green Room for two nights this September. Neither of us had stayed in a B&B prior to this and were uncertain as to what to expect. We were very favorably impressed, our room was clean and cute as can be with a jacuzzi in the main room and a nice sized bathroom. We also got a look at the pine room which was much bigger than ours with a fireplace and porch, looked like that would be a good choice as well. The inn is located on a side street yet very easy walking distance to the main shopping district in Freeport including LL Bean stores and great restaurants. Robin and Tori were perfect hosts, intuitively knowing when you needed them and out of your way the rest of the time. Breakfast was excellent, freshly baked and prepared with choices to meet every taste. Nice breakfast area, with indoor or outdoor seating weather permitting. It's nice to to visit with the other guests over breakfast, but if you aren't into that you could stay out of the conversation without any problem. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

What a wonderful B&B!

Excellent location in Freeport…everything is within walking distance. I stayed in the Rose room which featured a private bathroom and Clawfoot Jacuzzi tub. The bed was very comfortable and the room extremely clean. Even a TV and DVD player in the room.

The hospitality and service were irreproachable. I travelled throughout the UK a few years ago and stayed in B&Bs throughout. The James Place Inn was by far the best B&B and the Barons are the kindest and most helpful innkeepers; they offered the best service, bar none. They were always eager to help, and are very knowledgeable of the surrounding areas. They made great recommendations for restaurants, shopping, beaches, golf courses …

Hats off to the cook! Breakfast was fabulous. The French toast made with homemade cinnamon bread is out of this world. You may even be lucky and have Elyse bring you breakfast.

I plan on returning this fall when the leaves change.

Thank you Elyse, Tori and Robin for my memorable and relaxing stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed at The James Place Inn for two nights over the 4th weekend and I must say I totally enjoyed my stay.

Let me say, I don't usually stay in B&B's as a rule but this could convert me. The hosts are genuinely nice. My room, The Pine, was totally charming and comfortable (even with the very small bathroom) and the breakfast, especially the variety of homebaked items, were excellent. So convenient, just a short walk to the center of town, restaurant and shopping, yet on a very quiet side street.

I will certainly stay there when in the area again and can totally recommend it !

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Once again Bill and I had such an amazing time with such wonderful people. Thank you for making our stay a memorable one :) we look forward to spending our time with you and eatting your mouth watering breakfast once again in November!! We stayed in the Green Room and we decided that's our summer room and the Pine Room is our winter room. Take Care and enjoy the remainder of your season :) Highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple