“Very Good Soft Serve”

Mainely Custard
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Freeport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We had just had a lobster roll for lunch at a nice stand just off the 295 / 1 exit in North Yarmouth/Freeport, and drove past this establishment before arriving in Freeport. I really shouldn't have stopped since I am sure that I had already surpassed my carb and calorie limit for the day, but I couldn't resist as I neared the driveway entrance. Custard or Soft serve?? Quite frankly, I just couldn't eat a large scoop of custard so I settled for a small cone of soft serve. Good choice. Chocolate with chocolate sprinkles was very good.

Will come back before leaving the area for my custard--for sure!

Enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Mainely Custard

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went only for dessert. Husband had a medium custard in a cone and he enjoyed it. I ordered a soft serve coffee milk shake and was disappointed as it had no flavor.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

After dinner we decided to go get a custard in Freeport. The have many windows for ordering and only one was open with about twenty people in line. Needless to say we were there for a while. My son wanted to add a topping to his icecream and they didn't allow for substitutions even though I offered to pay. I was a bit disappointed that we waited so long in line then couldn't get what we wanted. I got a hot fudge sundae and the hot fudge was basically non existant which was disappointing. I will not got back to this venue.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I am searching for the delicious custard of my youth, and this one comes close. The service was speedy and there was plenty of outdoor seating. The custard was creamy, although the vanilla was a little bit sweeter than necessary. The serving was generous and reasonably priced. This is definitely worth a stop when traveling along Route 1.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Okay, so they might call it frozen custard, but it's another type of ice cream. What does set it apart is that this is a really good product. It is a little pricey, and that's the only drawback that comes to mind about the place, but it's delicious. They always open for a short time just before Thanksgiving, and they've become a part of our Thanksgiving tradition. Classic Custard really is that good!