Booked online to stay at this hotel, and was disappointed. The room doors open right to the outside, no indoor corridor, but there was only one lock on the door. The floor had not been vacuumed and there were hairs and fluff and dirt particles all over it. There was no hair dryer, fridge, coffee/tea facilities. The heat and hot water did work, and the sheets were clean, but I couldn't allow my baby to crawl around. The next morning, although the breakfast was advertised as starting at 7:00am, at 7:15am the doors still were not unlocked, and some of our party had to get the office girl who they'd seen setting food out, to unlock the dining area. This girl was wearing a stained pink sweatshirt and had dirt under her fingernails. Later at 9:30 there was no food left except a bowl of bananas. Each banana's skin had a large split down the side, looked like supermarket rejects. Unsanitary. At checkout, there was a problem over the bill and the same single girl manning the office took twenty minutes to dither through the computer system to sort it out. She didn't know how to do it, and called her supervisor twice on the phone, and he never came to help her in person. She looked about 17, and was not professional in appearance or manner. Overall, I was just disgusted by the floor in the room and the horrible breakfast which was inedible. I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Awarding Winning by Choice Hotels Econo Lodge(R) is conveniently located less than a mile from L.L. Bean's Flagship Store, a world-famous outdoor gear & apparel store, open 24 hours every day year round. Also nearby is the Desert of Maine, a famous natural phenomenon, hundreds of outlet stores, Bradbury Mountain State Park, Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park & the Maine Maritime Museum, featuring gallery exhibits, a historic shipyard & narrated boat cruises. Springtime in Freeport is an exciting time of year! Popham Beach State Park, Reid State Park and Old Orchard Beach are about 30 minutes away. There are many outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy including sailing, biking, bird watching at the Mast Landing Bird Sanctuary and even lighthouse tours! Want to squeeze in a game of golf or two? The Freeport Country Club, Toddy Brook Golf Course, the Falmouth Country Club and more are just a short drive from our hotel. In addition, Portland International Jetport is 18 miles from the hotel. This Freeport, ME hotel features Free Expanded Continental Breakfast and free local calls. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access, a business center in the lobby & access to copy/fax services. All spacious guest rooms include work desks and cable television with Showtime. Non-smoking and Pet-Friendly rooms can be requested. Whether your favorite activity is hiking a mountain on a crisp spring morning or spending the afternoon laying in the sun at Popham Beach State Park Freeport, Maine provides a great room, convenient location and wonderful service at an exceptional value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Freeport Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Freeport Maine