Although the staff was extremely friendly, and provided recommendations for nail salons to restaurants, I would not book here unless there was nothing else available in the area. The first floor room we had was very damp -- to the point where all of our clothes were damp after one day of hanging in the closet area and all of the bedding was damp. The air conditioning was very outdated and didn't work properly, and was extremely noisy. Instead of maintaining a temperature, sporadic blasts of cold air would chill us only for a minute or two. The bathroom and changing area is very small, and there is no privacy in the dressing area. We thought that a curtain that could be pulled across the changing area doorway would've been a good idea (and if there was one to keep closed, maybe our clothes in the closet area wouldn't have gotten so damp). We did have a refrigerator and microwave in our room, which was nice since we had leftovers from dinner one evening. We only got breakfast there one morning, but took it back to our room since the dining area is very small. The orange juice seemed watered down, but the bagels tasted fresh and the self-made Belgian waffles were good. Bottom line is, we got what we paid for at the only available hotel in the area and we wouldn't do it again. I'd rather be further away than to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gold Awarding Winning by Choice Hotels Econo Lodge(R) is conveniently located less than a mile from L.L. Bean's Flagship Store, a world-famous outdoor gear & apparel store, open 24 hours every day year round. Also nearby is the Desert of Maine, a famous natural phenomenon, hundreds of outlet stores, Bradbury Mountain State Park, Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park & the Maine Maritime Museum, featuring gallery exhibits, a historic shipyard & narrated boat cruises. Springtime in Freeport is an exciting time of year! Popham Beach State Park, Reid State Park and Old Orchard Beach are about 30 minutes away. There are many outdoor activities for the whole family to enjoy including sailing, biking, bird watching at the Mast Landing Bird Sanctuary and even lighthouse tours! Want to squeeze in a game of golf or two? The Freeport Country Club, Toddy Brook Golf Course, the Falmouth Country Club and more are just a short drive from our hotel. In addition, Portland International Jetport is 18 miles from the hotel. This Freeport, ME hotel features Free Expanded Continental Breakfast and free local calls. Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access, a business center in the lobby & access to copy/fax services. All spacious guest rooms include work desks and cable television with Showtime. Non-smoking and Pet-Friendly rooms can be requested. Whether your favorite activity is hiking a mountain on a crisp spring morning or spending the afternoon laying in the sun at Popham Beach State Park Freeport, Maine provides a great room, convenient location and wonderful service at an exceptional value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Freeport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Freeport Hotel Freeport
- Freeport Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Freeport Maine