“I look forward to trying everything on the menu!”
Review of Amanda Thai - CLOSED

Amanda Thai
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
“I look forward to trying everything on the menu!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This new Thai restaurant has what it needs to make it in Mid-Coast Maine! As I do agree the Tom Kha soup appetizer was not as traditional as I have had in the past it was included(and tasty spring roll) in the $10 price(lunch) of the most amazing drunken noodle with DUCK I have had in a long time. I think for the previous reviewer to be so unhappy as not to give it another try is a bit silly. They are new and perhaps had phone issues...

The duck was perfect; crispy skin and tender breast meat on top of perfectly prepared drunken noodles made it clear I had to visit again. Several days later I did and decided to try the green curry. Not much to say but HEAVEN in a bowl. Life would be so boring without fish sauce...

I look forward to trying other dishes at Amanda Thai and spread the word that we have another super place to eat on Mid-Coast Maine.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank midcoasteater

Fallbrook, California
“Willing to give it a second try”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a new restaurant in Freeport and we were looking forward to trying it. First order was Tom Kha soup and fresh spring rolls....rolls were fine but the soup was mostly all sliced white onions with a few pieces of fresh tomato mixed in - very strange as this is one of my very favorite Thai soups and it has never contained either of those two items. The broth was good but didn't have the usual spicy Tom Kha flavor. We were willing to give it another try and tried calling in an order on a Friday at 5:30pm but we kept getting 'voice mail' after three attempts so finally gave up and went to Thai Garden. Probably will not give this one another chance sad to say.

• Visited July 2013