“Great Italian Food in a Nice Setting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro

Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro in Freeport, ME brings together traditional Tuscan recipes with the freshest, local ingredients that Maine has to offer. The result is a menu filled with dishes that locals and tourists alike will love. Whether you choose our house made pasta dishes, brick oven pizzas or wood grilled steaks, you’ll be enjoying the taste of Maine with the flavor of Tuscany!
Augusta, Georgia
“Great Italian Food in a Nice Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and decided to take a break from seafood one night during our vacation to New England, so we gave Tuscan Bistro a try. We were very happy with our experience. The restaurant itself looks great; wonderful decor and comfortable seating. The only complaint whatsoever that I have about the food is that the bread was not very good (I have noticed a few other people have made this comment as well). We started off with charcuterie and a salad. Both were great. My wife had the chicken parmesan and I had a rabbit pasta dish. Both of these were fabulous. Sorbet for a finisher was good too. We loved this place and really liked the fact that they incorporate a lot of local ingredients and products into their menu and dishes. I would highly recommend this place to anyone in Freeport. When and if we find ourselves in that part of Maine again, we will revisit.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jensen Beach, Florida
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

First of all, the service was good. Our waitress was attentive and very sweet. But for the raves that I have heard, I was disappointed. The bread basket was skimpy for a table of five drinking their best red wine. And the dipping olive oil was tasteless with no herbs or even pepper. The calamari was excellent. Our table shared it as an appetizer. My friend had bolognese, another had chicken Parmesan ...both were tasty. However, my four cheese ravioli was disappointing. It was a very small portion compared to the other dishes and was mushy and almost tasteless. Not sure it's worth going back with so many other wonderful paces in and around Freeport. .

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Restaurant In Freeport Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been to Freeport twice this year and The bistro is just better and better each time. The ambiance is very welcoming, the new patio is very nice and refreshing. The smell of the Brick Oven just makes you hungry as you walk in. The pizza is amazing, I have tried them all and they are all great. My favorite dish is the Veal Milanese , if you love veal, you will love this dish. The desserts are also all made in house and the chocolate decadence is my favorite. If you want to eat out on your trip to Freeport, make the bistro one of your stops, you wont regret it. AAAAA++++++

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vincent P
Frisco, Texas
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in Freeport on our way north and looked up the Tuscan in Yelp. Were blown away by the interior, the atmosphere and food / drinks. Would make this bistro a "weekly regular" place to eat if we lived in Freeport.

1 Thank Yoakum
Delray Beach, Florida
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Highly recommended by locals. Had drinks and appetizer. Amazing wine and apps - beautiful restaurant! Anyone visiting Freeport should definitely stop even if you only have time for a drink.

Visited June 2014