“Comfortable bar area and good food”

Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro in Freeport, ME brings together traditional Tuscan recipes with the freshest, local ingredients that Maine has to offer. The result is a menu filled with dishes that locals and tourists alike will love. Whether you choose our house made pasta dishes, brick oven pizzas or wood grilled steaks, you’ll be enjoying the taste of Maine with the flavor of Tuscany!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My fiance' and I were in Freeport Maine for the weekend and had late lunch/dinner at this restaurant. we sat at the bar and just "chilled" for several hours it was very comfortable, we ordered a couple of appetizers, the calamari was very good, service was also good. We ordered the pizza and I know a lot folks complemented the pizza but we did not care for it, it was too thick and was chewy. We like thinner and crispier pizza. However, we would go back again and try another entree.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

3 adults gave it thumbs up. Wife not feeling her best--loved the cheese pizza. Day had chicken Parmesan, felt full before it was finished--but decided she wanted to finish if it killed her. I thought the pasta bolognese was the best pasta dish I had ever eaten. Service so-so, decor good, food fantastic.

1  Thank DocJim65
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Tried this place last week and it was a good experience. I went for dinner with a friend and had a nice dinner. We started with a salad, which we split, and I had the scallops with cod cakes and my friend had the salmon. We each had dessert, I ordered the cannoli which was wonderfully presented, it was deconstructed and layered, very clever. My friend had a great pumpkin cheesecake with pumpkin whipped cream, very fresh and homemade, definately not frozen and out of a box like so many places nowadays. I would certainly go back again next time I'm in Freeport.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went with Friends on a busy Friday night and even though we had to wait for a table to open up, had an amazing meal, with great drinks from the bar. The Apple Cider Sangria (which might have been named something else--we had a few) was a great fall drink that was refreshing along with a great selection of local and well known beers.

The food was such a great surprise too. We ordered a variety of pizzas, the chicken parmesan, and our favorite, the rabbit. By far, that rabbit dish stole the show but I wouldn't hesitate to order anything brought to our table again! Dessert was over the top and not really needed, but we ordered anyway and were happy with everything, albeit stuffed to the gills, by the time we wobbled out the doors.

Lastly, the interior decor is top notch. Perfect amount of lighting and wonderful tables that have love seats as part of the dinning experience. We will be returning within the month.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Most of their menu options were capable of being gluten-free, which makes a huge difference for me when I travel. The lobster stew was the best I have tasted anywhere. They seem to want to go out of their way to please their customers.
A relaxed dining room with comfortable seating.
The only thing I do not like is that after the tables are wiped down, the water glasses are immediately placed upside down. That is not a good practice when a common rag is used to clean the tables. Better to wait for someone to be seated to bring the water glasses, and then place them right-side up. Gives a diner assurance they are getting a clean glass.
Despite a few minor glitches, I would not hesitate to go there again and in fact look forward to eating there again as I am in the area every year at this time for a conference.