“More eatery than market”
Review of Derosier's Market

Derosier's Market
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Pizza
Kingston Ontario Canada
“More eatery than market”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had heard one of the locals advise a young couple to get their pizza at Derosier's so stopped in for lunch. The market has been here since the early 1900's run by the same family. They have an extensive menu of cold and "toasty" sub sandwiches as well as pizzas (whole or by the slice). The subs are either whole (12 inch) or half and are excellent. There is an assortment of beverages (my wife had tea and I had blueberry lager). There are only three small booths as most of the business is take out.
Well worth a stop

• Visited June 2013

“Best Maine 'Italian'”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

They serve the quintessential Maine I-talian with great service and a great beer selection. A Freeport institution.

Freeport, Maine
“Since 1904, that's old for us”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great staff, sandwiches and pizza, and in season ice cream. A good cooler selection of drinks includig some English ales. Local down home atmosphere!

Visited October 2012
Massachusetts
“Great market in Freeport - friendly staff, good food at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stopped in there on our last morning in Freeport - I wish we had done so earlier in the trip. The owner was there and we chatted about lobster rolls among other things, and how some local places are selling a frozen Canadian seafood product which falls far short of the "real thing" . He stated he buys his lobster locally, never frozen, and wouldn't consider anything else. Since we were leaving town right then, we picked up italian subs and ate them later on the trip home - delicious!

Next trip up to LL Bean/Mecca, we will get lobster rolls at Derosier's - that's a promise!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank NeverPayFullPrice
brunswick
“Best place in Freeport to grab a quick bite”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Absolutely positive experience, so glad I stopped by this place. Extremely friendly staff (cute too ;). The food was great as well, for a small convenience store I wasn't expecting much when I got a sandwich there, but was definitely taken by surprise. Portion size was generous, price was reasonable. Well worth the visit if you're in a hurry, they also have great pizzas. I stopped by on the night of the 100th anniversary fireworks by L.L. Bean so downtown was insane, and the restaurants were packed well after 11 which I'm sure the staff wasn't happy about but they didn't let the customers know it. I was so pleased with my visit that night that I took one of their bumper stickers because I think this place deserves more recognition.

• Visited July 2012