“AMAZING AS USUAL”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Bangor, Maine
“AMAZING AS USUAL”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped at our favorite restaurant again for lunch today. We were not disappointed. Started with the caprese Salad....TOTALLY FRESH and wonderful (be sure to ask for a touch of the balsamic glaze to add to the cheese-it's awesome). Then I had one of my basic favorites...Cheese lasagna. The piece was certainly more than I could eat for lunch. I ate about 1/3rd of it and packed the rest to go.(need dessert room) This is the best tasting lasagna I've ever tasted. Sure it's a basic dish but I love it and this is the ultimate for me!

My husband ordered the Veal Sandwich. Now many places supply veal that is processed and put back together. NOT AZURE. It's so tender and real and melts in your mouth. The cheese was perfect. We couldn't name the type of cheese but it was perfect with the veal. We were seated outside on the deck. We love this deck. We are outside in a the beautiful day, on a deck that has it's own ambiance. The service was wonderful. We were greeted and seated in less than two minutes. The restaurant was fairly busy but we didn't notice. We were treated like the ONLY guests there. Our server took our drink orders returned a couple minutes later with perfect drinks. Once we ordered, bread was served, the appetizers, and then the meal....all perfectly timed. i never felt rushed yet never felt like I was overly waiting.

Once we finished dinner, dessert is ALWAYS Tiramisu. I've eaten a lot of tiramisu and now I only eat it at AZURE. It's amazing. Absolutley amazing. I finished the dessert! SMILES!!

Okay. There are MANY restaurants in Freeport. One across the street form LLBean that advertises "fresh" seafood. (Fresh being Frozen). There is another "italian" place....but the few times I've tried it...it was inedible. Seriously...AZURE is the only decent consistant restaurant in Freeport. It's HEAVEN to me! i never miss a chance to stop in and order up one of my favorites....Lasagna, Blueberry Salmon, Chicken Parm, Veal Parm, THERE are SOOO many great dishes! There is Beef Tenderloin Balsamico ...melts in your mouth. The balsamic glaze is tasty, the entire meal is put together so it all compliments and it so good it's so hard not to overeat. The menu is all amazing.
OH...I forgot! The Calamari is like no other ever. It's TREMENDOUS! it has a vinegar type dressing on it...but not strong..it's PERFECT. YOU HAVE TO TRY THE CALAMARI!

I just took a summer trip with my daughter. We drove 16,000 mile sin 8 weeks and we ate a MANY restaurants. I was never happier to return to Azure for a DECENT CONSISTENT WONDERFUL MEAL! I am always guaranteed to be happy at Azure. I didn't write many reviews on the restaurants we ate at across the country as none stood out. Azure STANDS OUT.

QUALITY FOOD, QUALITY SERVICE. REASONABLY PRICED. WELL WORTH THE TRIP.

• Visited August 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was on a girls trip heading to Booth Bay Harbor,stopped in Freeport on the way.We ate lunch here on the recommendation of trip advisor reviews.It was thoroughly enjoyable.Days later we are still talking about our lunch; it include the clam chowder,the maine lobster roll,Insalata mescolare and the fish and chips.Two of us indulged in the blueberry marguerite as well. Definitely want another one of those!

• Visited July 2014
Bedford, Texas
“Delicious dinner”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a great place to eat in Freeport. We had a leisurely dinner outside on the patio. Our server was wonderful and the food was great.

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“You gotta eat here!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Molto bene! This is a fabulous place to dine in Freeport - the food was spectacular. Fresh, delicious & presented beautifully. Our server, Devon was delightful. Attentive service, amazing food & lovely summer dinner on the patio made this evening special. Grazie!

Visited August 2014
Portland, Maine
“YES!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This food was delicious! Great service, wonderful staff, beautiful presentation, some fancy drinks to choose from. An over all good experience.

Visited July 2014

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!