“Great food in Freeport”

Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Azure, in Freeport’s historic North End & two doors from LL Bean, is a taste of Italy on the Coast of Maine. Visit the Freeport restaurant that has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for ten consecutive years, was featured as “Editor’s Choice” for Yankee Magazine and won the Maine Lobster Chef of the Year competition. In the summer, dine on Azure’s garden patio under canvas umbrellas. Inside, Azure prepares authentic Italian and Maine dishes with fresh, local ingredients. Local favorite and proud community supporter. Dinner reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We chose this place based on the Trip Advisor rating and reviews, and of course it delivered. Our waiter was not the best, but he was nice and good enough. The food was very fresh and flavorful. My husband had salmon with blueberry sauce, my daughter had the linguini with clam sauce, and I had the lobster scampi. All 3 were winners. I will definitely return.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We enjoyed our meals here. Service was very good and food was delightful. One of us had the baked white fish and the other had chicken Marsala,. Both of these were very good. It was a cool rainy day and this was a very cozy little spot!! Would return if in the area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The cafe is on Main St a block away from L.L. Bean on the same side of the street. It was recommended by Freeport Inn where we stayed. It was a little pricey, but worth every penny. Christen was our waitress. She was very knowledgeable,efficient, & friendly. The Seafood cakes were delicious, the Beef Tenderloin and Seafood ciopolini (pasta) dishes were excellent. The dessert, Cheese cake was the best I have ever eaten. They gave us the dessert no chg., because they found out through conversation it was our anniversary. What a nice surprise. I would highly recommend this cafe, when you are in Freeport. We went for dinner, but I understand they have a great lunch and I don't doubt that.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Saw a flyer for this place, we were looking for fish and the flyer mentioned they had a few versions. My wife ordered the lobster roll, this writer had the fried fish (pollock). The wife rated the lobster roll as superb, my fish sandwich also quite proficiently prepared. A side of pasta salad was tasty. The server was quite amiable, food arrived promptly. One can spend less however for what we received I think the prices were fair.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Loved the lobster scampi and clam chowder. Great atmosphere and good drinks. Service was excellent as well. Convenient to our B&B.

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!