“Great Food”

Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Azure, in Freeport’s historic North End & two doors from LL Bean, is a taste of Italy on the Coast of Maine. Visit the Freeport restaurant that has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for ten consecutive years, was featured as “Editor’s Choice” for Yankee Magazine and won the Maine Lobster Chef of the Year competition. In the summer, dine on Azure’s garden patio under canvas umbrellas. Inside, Azure prepares authentic Italian and Maine dishes with fresh, local ingredients. Local favorite and proud community supporter. Dinner reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped in for a quick lunch with chowder and a flat bread sandwich and it was so good we came back the same night for dinner. Service was good and a nice selection. He had lobster and I had pasta carbonara with crispy chicken and it was very tasty.

There are newer reviews for Azure Cafe

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed Maine beer and nice glass of French white wine. Mesclun salad was lettuce but candied pistachios made up for it. Shared mussels and fabulous Maine seafood cakes made w crab and lobster were decadently delicious. These 3 items made for wonderful supper. Shared dark chocolate flourless dessert which satisfied chocolate craving.
Lovely spot in the middle of tourist shopping mecca. Do not pass it by.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am a local and wouldn't eat any where else. Try it you will feel the same. Great food, wonderful staff. Walking distance to LLBean and other outlet shopping.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have to be frank, in that I went to this restaurant with extremely low expectations. The very few times I have eaten in an outlet shopping centre I have always been sorely disappointed (poor service, long waits, not very nice food, and high bills). It was only because my partner insisted that we stayed here.

How wrong was I. Our waiter was friendly and efficient. The food we had was great and we had a free dessert! What more could we ask?

We ordered a plate of calamari to start, which was very nicely cooked and served with very nice side sauces. The fish and chips we had for our mains was exquisite. Very thick cuts of white fish, and the batter being extremely nice and fluffy without being oily and greasy.

For dessert I had ordered the specialty sorbet. However, something had gone awfully wrong and they could no longer serve it - so the waiter brought me their other variety (lemon) and said, with a thousand apologies, that dessert was on the house.

All in all an excellent lunch!

1  Thank daveramlu
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had lunch at Azure and it was fantastic. The Lobster Roll was the best we've had as we've been traveling throughout the Northeast. They also had fantastic burgers and fries. Service was quick and everyone was friendly. They even had good homemade ice tea which is hard to find up here. We will be going back for dinner.

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!