“Eat here - you won't be disappointed.”
Review of Azure Cafe

Azure Cafe
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dartmouth, Canada
“Eat here - you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My partner and I stopped in for dinner. Reasonable prices, great service and good food. We had chicken parm and lasagna bolg. Large assortment of wines and beer. Walking dstance from Hilton. Just lovely all round :)

2 Thank Tammy D

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just past the shopping”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Go past all the stores heading north and you will find this nice experience on your left. Lunch was prepared perfect, décor simple. Chowder was listed as an award winner in the local chowder fest, it was very good but not sure I would give it a trophy, keep in mind in new England chowder can be very personal. Stop in, I was glad we did.

San Ramon, California
“Outstanding....”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent a few days in Freeport recently during our 12 day visit to Maine. Our B&B in Freeport recommended the Azure Cafe and we can see why. Fabulous food & service. The Cioppino is absolutely awesome....best I've ever eaten. We were so impressed with their cuisine that we had dinner there twice & also went there for lunch. If you go for dinner, you must have the Cioppino because your tastebuds will go crazy with its wonderful flavor. I wish Maine was not across the country.

• Visited September 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Freeport Dining Option”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were staying at the Harraseeket Inn, and the Maine Dining Room was closed for a private event, so I asked the concierge for the next best restaurant in Freeport, and she sent us here. We had a pleasant, unexceptional meal, giving rise to an "Average" review. The decor is minimalist, and the restaurant isn't 'warm', although we were on the ground floor, and did not see the upstairs dining area. My caesar salad was OK, and my veal parmesan was a bit of a disappointment, especially after the server raved about it. The veal wasn't very tender, and the breading was falling off. My wife had a vodka tomato soup, which was also OK, followed by grilled salmon. Wines by the glass were generous, and the staff was friendly. I only wish that the food was better than average, but it wasn't. If you're in Freeport, go to the Maine Dining Room in the Harraseeket Inn.

Visited October 2013
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“45th anniversary dinner”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our children from the West coast recommended (& picked up the tab ) Azure for our 45 anniversary as they knew we were planning a trip to Maine.
I had the samlon with blueberry sauce, smashed sweet potatoes& broccoli. OMG the best ever. My husband had the beef tenderloin , smashed sweet potatoes & spinanch. Food was absolutely spectacular. Could cut the beef with a fork . Waitress was friendly & very accomdating. Took a picture for us & brought us a surprise dessert. Food was beautifully presented . A lovely evening & nice place to celebrate.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!