“Good. Weather was bad so had to sit inside - upstairs - so not much ambience.”
Review of Azure Cafe

Azure Cafe
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Azure, in Freeport’s historic North End & two doors from LL Bean, is a taste of Italy on the Coast of Maine. Visit the Freeport restaurant that has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for ten consecutive years, was featured as “Editor’s Choice” for Yankee Magazine and won the Maine Lobster Chef of the Year competition. In the summer, dine on Azure’s garden patio under canvas umbrellas. Inside, Azure prepares authentic Italian and Maine dishes with fresh, local ingredients. Local favorite and proud community supporter. Dinner reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Piano player upstairs was fabulous!! Played a lot of Billy Joel - nice dinner music and great rendition.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Azure is a great restaurant. Delicious food well prepared and presented. Great service and it seemed that people without reservations were accommodated quickly. The calamari appetizer was wonderful. The entrees were tasty and required no other seasoning. The meal was so good that we had to make reservations for the next night and had just as good a meal.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Located a block from LL Bean. There is indoor and outdoor seating. They have the best New England Clam Chowder! So good that we took some home with us in our cooler. It was just as wonderful the next day. Wonderful lunch menu. I had a mango chicken salad that had a wonderful flavor and was not drowning in dressing and my husband had the fish and chips that our server kindly provided him his favorite condiment--cocktail sauce which put a smile on his face. If you are in Freeport, this is the place to go for good food and friendly service.

1  Thank M F
Reviewed September 15, 2013

discovered that Cafe few years ago. I now plan my trip to make sure that i will be around for lunch time! My choice: FISH AND CHIP! the cod jump directly from the ocean to you plate !

been there once for dinner but was disappointed... But it doesnt not change my mind: the best fish and chip ever!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I work in Freeport. When I work late, instead of feeling overwhelmed, I treat myself to Azure! I have never been disappointed. The food is always chosen with sustainability in mind. Every recipe passes the family test and it shows. Wines are selected with care as are the exquisite cocktails. I cannot say enough about the creativity and quality of this restaurant. I may work late on Friday!

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!