“Good Italian Food!”

Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Azure, in Freeport’s historic North End & two doors from LL Bean, is a taste of Italy on the Coast of Maine. Visit the Freeport restaurant that has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for ten consecutive years, was featured as “Editor’s Choice” for Yankee Magazine and won the Maine Lobster Chef of the Year competition. In the summer, dine on Azure’s garden patio under canvas umbrellas. Inside, Azure prepares authentic Italian and Maine dishes with fresh, local ingredients. Local favorite and proud community supporter. Dinner reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was a nice spot to get a romantic dinner. The food was delicious, however I was disappointed at the portion to price ratio.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to the Azure Cafe for a business lunch a few days ago. The service was prompt and friendly, the menu selection was ample, and the food was very good.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I are always looking for authentically prepared foods and professional service. Azure café fits the bill exactly. Even the wines by the glass were well chosen and excellent.
Bravo!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Thank you Azure Cafe...Always a great meal with excellent service. We loved the calamari dish. I ordered the Salmon with blueberry barbeque sauce and it was amazing. My husband really enjoyed his fillet mignon. We are looking forward to our next trip through Freeport in a few weeks to have another great meal.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I usually don't post bad reviews because anyone can have an off day, but Cafe Azure has let me down twice and so I think they may have a lot of "bad days". The first time was a couple of years ago when we went to the Azure with friends. I ordered curry, expecting that their chef would cook a curry. In stead I got vegetables simmered in Golden Curry box mix. This is equivalent to ordering pasta alfredo in a nice restaurant and getting Kraft Mac N Cheese from a box.
We didn't rush right back to Cafe Azure again, but last week we risked it. This time there was a mix up and my meal was late. I watched my friends eat and then they watched me eat. To be fair, the meal was good, when it came, and the appologetic waitress gave it to me free of charge. Nevertheless I would avoid Cafe Azure to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank Kristin N

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!