“Very Good Food and Service”
Review of Azure Cafe

Azure Cafe
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Azure, in Freeport’s historic North End & two doors from LL Bean, is a taste of Italy on the Coast of Maine. Visit the Freeport restaurant that has won Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence for ten consecutive years, was featured as “Editor’s Choice” for Yankee Magazine and won the Maine Lobster Chef of the Year competition. In the summer, dine on Azure’s garden patio under canvas umbrellas. Inside, Azure prepares authentic Italian and Maine dishes with fresh, local ingredients. Local favorite and proud community supporter. Dinner reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to the Azure Cafe for a business lunch a few days ago. The service was prompt and friendly, the menu selection was ample, and the food was very good.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I are always looking for authentically prepared foods and professional service. Azure café fits the bill exactly. Even the wines by the glass were well chosen and excellent.
Bravo!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Thank you Azure Cafe...Always a great meal with excellent service. We loved the calamari dish. I ordered the Salmon with blueberry barbeque sauce and it was amazing. My husband really enjoyed his fillet mignon. We are looking forward to our next trip through Freeport in a few weeks to have another great meal.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I usually don't post bad reviews because anyone can have an off day, but Cafe Azure has let me down twice and so I think they may have a lot of "bad days". The first time was a couple of years ago when we went to the Azure with friends. I ordered curry, expecting that their chef would cook a curry. In stead I got vegetables simmered in Golden Curry box mix. This is equivalent to ordering pasta alfredo in a nice restaurant and getting Kraft Mac N Cheese from a box.
We didn't rush right back to Cafe Azure again, but last week we risked it. This time there was a mix up and my meal was late. I watched my friends eat and then they watched me eat. To be fair, the meal was good, when it came, and the appologetic waitress gave it to me free of charge. Nevertheless I would avoid Cafe Azure to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank Kristin N
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Went to lunch. Ordered Italian chicken sandwich and it a long time to get to the table. I noticed as I was eating it had no chicken.
Waitress never came back to the table to check. My wife ordered clam chowder. It was salty and nothing to write home about. This was off season so I can't imagine what it must be like in July or August.

Been to Azure Cafe? Share your experiences!