“Fantastic Bread and Kosher too”

When Pigs Fly Bakery
Ranked #13 of 22 things to do in Freeport
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Pigs Fly bread comes in many "flavors" that include blueberry, cinnamon, and many other varieties. At the Freeport store, the bread is also Kosher

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to stop by this bakery based on reviews we read on Trip Advisory. It's right along the way if you're headed towards the LL Bean flagship store and are coming from Portland ME.

It was a great stop for us. We were able to sample at least a half dozen of the breads that they had baked that day. It is the best bread we have had. We purchased the sourdough, a chocolate bread and a bread that had garlic and sundered tomatoes. All were very delicious. They do have a slicer and sliced the loaves for us. Prices are very reasonable - $4-$6 for homemade artisan bread is a good deal considering Great Harvest is now charging nearly $7 for a loaf of bread. When Pigs Fly makes Great Harvest bread now seem just average to me...

I also happened to buy a bag of the Falafel chips and guess what. Best chips I ever ate! I have not seen these chips anywhere (not at Whole Foods or at PCC, the co-op that we have near our house in WA). I need to source these out and find out where I can purchase these from (aside from heading back to ME!).

Definitely stop in and check this bakery out.

1  Thank purpleladyk
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is great! There are free samples of all kinds of breads and cookies. I was not able to bring a loaf home with me since I was flying, but they have a web site where you can order their baked goods. I can't wait to order the cinnamon raisin loaf. The lemon blueberry cookie was deelish! The people in the bakery are friendly and helpful. Don't miss it.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband visited the Freeport store in October 2012 and the Kittery store this past weekend. Their bread is simply incredible. They have tons of different bread flavors to choose from; my personal favorite is the hummus bread. They offer samples as well as complimentary bread slicing. Prices seem to range between $4-$6 per loaf depending on the flavor. Some loaves are quite large- one loaf we picked didn't even fit in the bag! For the price you're getting such a quality product- I definitely recommend it to anyone!

2  Thank shelblynn1987
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Bakery was on our to do list before coming to Freeport due to great reviews. Samples made it very easy to try some bread, oil or spreads. Chocolate bread is my favorite, didn't sound like a great idea but I was wrong. Very helpful gentleman helped us pick out a couple loafs to bring home.

1  Thank AuntieDee