“A Sample to munch means a loaf to go!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of When Pigs Fly Bakery

When Pigs Fly Bakery
Ranked #10 of 18 things to do in Freeport
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Sample to munch means a loaf to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

What i like most about this bakery is it's seasonal innovations and combinations. I recently tried a Pumpernickel bread that had chocolate as one of the ingredients! I look forward to tasting the breakfast bread samples (my favorites) to see what new flavors I can enjoy each morning at home. Toasted or not, with butter or spread, or just a slice off the loaf, the Harvest Bread, Maple Walnut Banana, and Mango Pineapple all satisfy my tastebuds! You can get the bread sliced or unsliced (I like very thin slices so choose the latter...) and even frozen "par-baked" loaves that you bake in the oven for an almost home-made experience.

My only word of caution is if you are calorie-conscious make a loaf last a week by resisting the temptation to eat the whole thing in a day. And if you are sensitive to black pepper (I am) or other hot spices, read the ingredients, because some of the savory breads really have a kick. But do visit the store, sample the breads, and try a loaf or two!

Visited September 2012

garden state travellers
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Carb Haters Beware”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

It's all about the bread. Mango, Pineapple, Raisin with Toasted Sesame and Ginger or what about Orange,Toasted Walnut and Cranberry or Chocolate! Yes Chocolate Bread - doesnt taste like candy, doesnt taste like cake, nor brownies, just good chocolate bread! Loved that we were able to sample many varieties. And I'm told these freeze well, so bought a few loaves and gifts for family.

Visited September 2012