“They had me at lamb and scallops surf and turf”

The Maine Dining Room
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mallet Drive
Description: Our waitress forgot our coffee & lines were long for popovers/prime rib otherwise I would have given 5 stars for service/ambiance. This was our 2nd time. Celebrating my b'day weekend. We were here a year ago & absolutely loved it. The variety of food from lobsters, prime rib, eggs cooked in various ways, dansom plum champagne infused smoothie soup with creme with mint to the absolutely yummy chocolate decadence cake, blueberry pie & so many other desserts are only some of food served at this delicious Sunday brunch. We will definitely go there again next time we're in Freeport, Maine. It's in the Harraseeket Inn. I've had Sunday brunches at other 5 star hotels in USA including Hawaii, Europe, Japan & Canada but this brunch beats them all
New Jersey
“They had me at lamb and scallops surf and turf”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Actually that's a lie - they had me with the appetizer, lobster that melted in the mouth and pulled pork that spoke to the soul. My mom and I loved everything we ate, and drank. Great spot for a special evening out. My mom lives on an island known for seafood, is almost 80, and announced that her scallops were the best she's ever had.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank carolinemasi

Lexington, Massachusetts
“pan seared Maine Scallops”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Started the meal with a cocktail and took out time. Ceasar salad was the best I've had in years while my dining partner had a garden salad with cherry and mustard dressing that was the perfect combination of sweet and tart. the entres were cooked perfectly and served hot. Our waitress Meagan, an Arizona transplant was as sweet as could be. All of the staff were welcoming, friendly and sincere.

• Visited May 2014
Essex, Vermont
“Excellent food that is very well prepared”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is the former "Maine Dining Room" inside the Harraseeket Inn, and their name changed to reflect their current mission of providing all locally produced food. Food is superb, and the wait staff is very professional. An upscale and well-appointed dining room that serves fresh ingredients done to perfection. Probably one of those "must go to" restaurants while in Freeport. We would go back.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank FJDriver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were in Freeport for the day...both my boyfriend and I work in the restaurant industry and love going out to try new places...this place was phenomenal! We got the best service we have ever had and I am not easy to impress! The food was excellent not only was it delicious it was innovative creative and seasonally appropriate. The atmosphere was beautiful. We will definitely be going back hopefully next time to stay the night too!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank msdanielle430
Clinton, Connecticut
“Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Breakfast buffet had something for all, even gluten free muffins, bread, eggs were the usual scrambled but the frittata was a different addition.

Visited February 2014