“great lobster”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Have waited years to go to Maine and have lobster there, was not disappointed in choosing this location, got more than I expected, the lobster was even served by the chef. It was definitely worth the trip. Went in the fall, the weather made it even better.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

They reopened this spring as the Freeport Grill. The décor is the same as it was before and the menu has been changed up a bit. The menu is pretty much what you'd expect for an American fare type restaurant (with emphasis on seafood) and the prices are reasonable. Every time I've gone there, they always have a bunch of new servers & kitchen help. It seems since they have a revolving door of employees, there's usually a longer than average wait for your food. I will note that it's a good restaurant if you want to bring a family - they have a play area outside for the kids and a fire pit with Adirondack chairs to relax in. But other than that, it's quite average.

2  Thank Ha-p-2-b-home-n-ME
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our hotel suggested this restaurant. What a great treat we had. Happy hour from 3-6pm, super drink and appetizers. Fried mushrooms, and wings to start, cooked perfectly. Try their blue berry BBQ sauce, has a kick to it. Our entree we split, (didn't realize how filling the appetizers would be) we tried the fried Scallops, Shrimp with lobster mashed potatoes all this with a creamy sauce, -wow, out of this world tasting food. Would definitely recommend this to anyone. Only one draw back, we sat outside on the wrap around building patio. Friday night 5-8pm live music. Beautiful voice, just way to loud trying to eat dinner. Thankfully we could move around the building and slightly hear the singer. All in all.. Awesome experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

After a wonderful visit the last time, a little disappointed this time. Onion soup very mediocre. The top sirloin while ok was a little overcooked and while tender for the price, I have had much better.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Now named the Freeport Grill, this place has a very nice menu with lots of options. Service was good and the restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. My fried haddock was ok, but not the best I've had in Maine. My wife's lobster macaroni dish was enormous but the flavor was a little flat. My kids loved their meals and my in-laws raved about their burgers (bleu cheese burger and pork belly burger) and their blueberry-BBQ rib appetizer. It's a solid meal and typical pricing. Have a burger and a beet. Give it a try.