“Great Southwestern Haddock Wrap”
Review of Freeport Seafood Co. - CLOSED

Freeport Seafood Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our third visit to the Freeport Seafood Co. did not dissapoint us. The Southwestern Haddock Wrap was once again a hit with us. Our rating falls short of "excellent" due to the lame excuse for clam chowder....mostly potatoes and milk, with not a clam to be seen.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beside the prices being very high, the food was bland and small portioned. The jumbo shrimp was not jumbo. The lobster stew had very little in it for a price of $15.00. Tasted like a base soup that had just added the lobster. Very bland. The atmosphere was not inviting. Staff was pleasant, but seemed a bit dis- shoveled. This is not a place I would recommend to a Mainer wanting good seafood.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

When you first enter what do you smell? Good food, wine garlic, butter? No. Industrial cleaner coming from the bathrooms at the entrance. If you can make it past the smell you enter the most incredibly sterile atmosphere for restaurant. It has the personality of a presto log. A seafood restaurant in a coastal village in Maine. What do you get? A couple of baseball posters. Huh? Really? is this a joke? Sadly no. Next comes the food. We tried lobster nachos. Basically the worst nachos I've ever had. A bad combo or bad lobster not sure which. Next a haddock burrito. An improvement to be sure, but nothing I'd ever order again. Even the water in the glass tasted like chemicals. Couldn't wait to leave.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The name is what attracted me to this restaurant. I tried the chowder and it was served warm, not hot, and the bowl held what you would expect to get in a cup. Also had crab cake appetizers that was also served warm. The restaurant is clean and seems to be geared to a fast turnover of families. The server was friendly but seemed a little less than truthful when I asked if the chowder was good and he recommended the lobster bisque as being his favorite. I think it is his favorite because it is about $3-4 more. I would not go back to this restaurant unless I had a bunch of hungry kids and I would order their all you can eat fish fry.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife's seafood chowder had plenty of potato but not much seafood. My clam chowder was good. For the price of $7 or $8 per cup the value wasn't there for counter service.