“Best Meal of Our Vacation”
Review of Freeport Seafood Co. - CLOSED

Freeport Seafood Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

In the 8 days we had in Maine, this was our favorite meal. The haddock was fresh and perfectly cooked. We sat on the patio and enjoyed good weather and great service. Very nice. I wish all the places we ate at during our vacation could have been so good.

There are newer reviews for Freeport Seafood Co.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Took my wife here after long work week. We had high hopes- but service was slow- manager asked every table around is of they had been seen or made contact with their server yet...Appetizer was not what we ordered- and had to send back. Table next to us also got the wrong order. Wife had quesadilla- not bad... I had chicken broccoli Alfredo- completely watery- no passion/attention to detail. Wife loved the deck/ lights- but I would have had a better experience if I were there to drink beer and eat fried food. Won't go back until places like broad arrow tavern, antonias and Jameson taven close down.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had dinner twice at this new restaurant-both times about 8:30 PM. Our first experience was very good. We arrived tired & hungry after driving from Quebec. Each of us had the steamed lobster dinner( reasonably priced at $16.95 for 1 1/2lb). Lobster was delicious, but the sides of garlic mashed potatoes were luke warm and not fluffy enough. Butternut squash was very good. The Caesar salads were excellent, as was the cole slaw! For dessert, we shared a blueberry cobbler that was out of this world-warm & tasty with a generous, crunchy topping. Our waiter was a personable young man who had worked on a lobster boat and so shared some of his lobster wisdom. A nice ending to a long day. The next night we wanted to eat lobster again and since the night before was so good we decided to go here again. We ordered the same lobster dinner again, only this time when we started eating our lobsters, we realized they were under cooked! Some of the meat looked sushi-like and some appeared just barely done. The manager finally came over & apologized profusely-offering another lobster but we declined since at this point our appetite for lobster was gone. (thankfully none of us felt ill from eating what we had of the lobster). He did bring us a blueberry cobbler - only this time it came out about 2/3 the size of the night before and not enough topping. Overall, this negative second experience overshadows the first and we can only hope that they work on being consistent in their cooking and presentation.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Went in with an old friend to try the new spot in town. The restaurant itself is beautiful nice layout with an amazing deck wrapped around the outside. We have been to their other place in Naples many times the food is much better an has a much better atmosphere. Very young staff in Freeport from what I saw an heard they were very professional an knew the menu well. Not only did they grab the nicest looking bar manager in town but she had an amazing personality with good drink parings, unlike your average ditsy blonde behind the bar. The menu itself seemed poorly written many errors but with good ideas. I started with a Caesar salad an a cup of chowder, the salad seemed to had been made before the dinner rush an sat there dressed for hours becoming wilted an soggy. The chowder on the other hand was amazing I am from Portland an have had many cups of chowder all over the port, the one at the seafood company stood out an was very superior. Main course I had what I thought was an excellent marketing idea, Lobster dinner for $9.95. It was a small chick lobster paired with the usual fries an some tasty coleslaw. I got a decent amount of lobster for the price I was very pleased but what ruined it for me was the "butter" that they sent out with my meal. I picked the lobster clean an soaked the meat in the butter which turns out was that imitation liquid grill butter that they use for popcorn, it completely left me unsatisfied and I didn't even finish my meal. My friend had the $10 Caesar salad with the same wilted soggy romaine as my starter and I left with heartburn an burping up gross butter oil substance that wouldn't leave me alone the rest of the evening. All an all I think seafood company has a lot of potential if the owner only had a kitchen manager on the same level as his guys on the causeway. I would recommend giving it a try an highly highly recommend getting yourself a bowl of chowder to start!

1  Thank Lobster for T
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This restaurant is obviously designed for tourists. The food was over priced and overly spiced. The service was spotty. We went here to check out the new place in town. I hope the old places are better.

1  Thank Clivermore