“A Fabulous Time”

L.L. Bean Outdoor Discovery School
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn fishing, paddling, kayaking at the school.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I took the moonlight kayak tour a few weeks ago and can't say enough about how much we enjoyed it. The guides were great, the water was calm, the stars were bright and we would recommend it to anyone who can get themselves into a kayak! It should be on everyone's bucket list!

2  Thank Colleen B

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Guides Suzanne and John were Simply Awesome!! Outfitting the group was well provided for. What started out as a Sunset Tour on a fair day turned snotty in a hurry. Wind picked up into a headwind chop and fog barreled into the Bay and the trip got errie and dark...it was a perfect Halloween tour if only it was Halloween. The guides pushed us onward all the while watching out for our safety. My wife who never kayaked before and who can't swim felt reassured and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. The other three participants also had a great time. Okay, so we never saw the sunset but we conquered some challenging conditions, enjoyed a little nosh and comraderie, and felt exhilarated. Can't wait to do it again! Ask for Suzanne and best of luck to John who is off to TN!

Advice to LL Bean use newer kayaks if you want to develop new customers. One's we used were okay but not quality I expect from LLBean. Rest of gear was great!

1  Thank Drzagat
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Typical american store,but everything you need under one roof apart from furniture which is located in another store.24hour openings 365 days a year and i dont think he ever closes for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank UnitedKingdomStella
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Tried it just for the novel experience of shooting a shotgun at little clay discs flying thru the air...what a kick! And the instructors were 1st class teachers who made it pure fun. They had nearly every one of us novices hitting our targets by the time we left. I was happy to see both genders and all age groups (20-somethings to septogenarians) represented in our group of 12 The outing was very well organized by the folks back at the store, where a transport bus picks you up and delivers you back afterwards.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This school is especially good if you are interested in trying an outdoor sport that you haven't before. The prices are excellent. I have gone kayaking several times. And for a couple of years tried their cross-country skiing - just to see if it was something that I wanted to pursue. Ultimately I wound up buying my cross country outfit from LL Bean and could not be happier with my choice.

2  Thank lauralk1p2