“THREE SPOONS”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“THREE SPOONS”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We have tasted Chowda all over New England and this one is just THREE SPOONS, just average. Skimpy on the clams, needs bacon, butter to spice it up.

Visited June 2014

Minneapolis, MN
“Mediocre seafood chowder”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were looking for a small lunch to hold us over before dinner. We thought the chowder would be a great option but the 4 of us found our 3 different chowders to be bland. As someone else pointed out below, I'm not sure how they have won so many awards - other than the reviews seem to be very split. Someone came in while we were eating and was thrilled to have been able to drive 30 minutes to get his "favorite" lunch. Perhaps it just depends on where you are from and what type of chowder you like.

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best of the Best!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We travel up North to Freeport, ME frequently; every time we visit, without fail, we make it a point to stop at the Freeport Chowder House. Everything on the menu is excellent, but you can not beat the corn chowder and fried shrimp! Prepared simply and with love by Tom Brown, the food at the Freeport Chowder House is true comfort. Make it a point to stop in, say hello, and TRY THE CORN CHOWDER! You'll be glad you did, and you will be back.

• Visited June 2014
Durham, NH
“Lobstah Roll will have me coming back”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Today I found a great little hole in the wall. Freeport Chowder House had a wonderful hot seafood chowder; I usually order clam chowder when out but today I made a change. Not overly thick but with good texture and creamy,consistency with more fish than potatoes and really good balanced seasonings. Hubby had the clam chowder and shared that it was very good...must have been since he didn't even offer a taste. We both had the lobstah rolls! Probably could have shared one! Seemed as if there was a lot of lobster....1/2 lb or maybe closer to a full pound. No mayonnaise...it was provided but I'm a purist and don't like my lobster rolls drenched in the white stuff. I added just a touch on my roll. If you're up in Freeport...find this small place and enjoy. We'll be back! As I said..it is a small place, 4-5 booths but it was filled. Thanks for a great lunch.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sharon B
Chesapeake, VA
“Awesome chowdah!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Chowder and fried fresh fish....nirvana for this transplanted northern New Englander!! The fish chowder was hot and tasty...the corn chowder was excellent and the fish & chips was superb! Hole-in-the-wall place with superior food!!

Visited October 2013

Been to Freeport Chowder House? Share your experiences!