“Chowder & Haddock are amazing!”

Freeport Chowder House
Ranked #45 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stopped in for a snack before we went to llbean. We ended up with a feast! First off-get their onion rings! Best I have ever eaten. I don't like fish so I got the corn chowder which was delicious. I tried a bite of my husbands haddock because it wasn't greasy looking (which is why I don't like fish) & it was very good! I ended up eating the whole piece. I've never eaten more than a bite of fish off my husbands plate in our yrs together. I don't understand the so so rating of this place! It was honestly very delicious & I can't wait to return in April!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Slow Wednesday in January, the cook is talking to the owner about how to increase business... I get an order of Maine shrimp with fries, and my wife got a fish chowder. Being from N.E. we are brought up with good chowder, this on the other hand was just O.K., my shrimp order had maybe 5 shrimp and the fries were so soggy! Want to increase business, make sure each customer is happy!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

On our trip to Maine, we were hungry for some chowder! And found this place, it was fast and not many people, and the food was very good. The only thing was the dining area was small and there wasn't much room.

1  Thank Matt M
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I asked a local about where to find the best seafood place to eat. They sent me and my girlfriend here and we were very satisfied! The owner is a very nice man whom respects his patrons while making sure they have the best quality seafood Maine is famous for!!!

1  Thank ADKLabradorIV
Reviewed November 1, 2012

You are greeted by a great local owner chef who takes pride in his cooking. We were treated to a quick snack of a large bowl of rich chowder thick with clams, potatoes and cream. Delicious. Try it and compare for yourself.

1  Thank ForeFood

Been to Freeport Chowder House? Share your experiences!