“Chowder a five, atmosphere a four....chowder wins!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
New York
“Chowder a five, atmosphere a four....chowder wins!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

You are greeted by a great local owner chef who takes pride in his cooking. We were treated to a quick snack of a large bowl of rich chowder thick with clams, potatoes and cream. Delicious. Try it and compare for yourself.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ForeFood

Nashville, Tennessee
“Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I parked outside this little restaurant, waiting for him to open. I stood at the doorway and watched him tend to his cooking, singing to himself, pleased at the results on the stove... I had a feeling this was going to be one of those orgasmic experiences... My mouth was salivating at the thought of deliciously fresh, homemade food. So I waited for him to allow me to order my breakfast at lunchtime.

First thing I did was make sure there was no flour in any of the foods I would choose. When I explained to him that I would end up in the hospital if I had any flour, he fully understood and explained his wife was also allergic to grains... (All humans & animals are)

The first thing I ordered was the Lobster stew. All that was in it was REAL cream, REAL butter and lots and lots of lobster chunks.. Not the junk from the lobster body cavity, but real chunks of lobster.

The second thing I ordered was the lobster roll, minus the bread filler.. And he loaded my plate with lobster chunks, a little bit of lettuce, some tomatoes and a little tiny thimble of mayonnaise..

Coffee, lobster stew, and lobster roll, minus filler came to $32.00.
My mouth was having a party and wouldn't stop..
I tasted every morsel of my lobster, my stew... I was going on and on about the flavors I was tasting and he (I wish I had gotten his name.. he's not the owner, but these are his recipes) told me I had a good palette to be able to taste each ingredient. (Cooks are good, like that)

He told me these were all his own recipes..
Phenomenal. Delicious. He was friendly and conversational..

Excellent meal, man running the place was friendly and accomodating. He made sure I was eating safe foods.. That's all that matters when you're traveling.

I would highly suggest this place.. AND... the stores adjacent to him, across the street from L.L. Bean.
The "Life is Good" store and Jockey.. Everyone was friendly, great deals.

You must try his Lobster stew if you like real cream & butter. ^5

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank LynneDear
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Nice People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stopped in Freeport on our way home from the Maritimes.
You can get a lobster roll anywhere in Freeport, but this place caught my eye. It was mid-afternoon, so it wasn't crowded.
We sat inside .
The Lobster Roll was great with plenty of lobster, whole big pieces of lobster on lettuce on a nice bun, NOT all bogged down with mayo. We also had lobster stew which was just as good. We split some fries that were perfectly done.
As we ate we had a nice conversation with the gentleman who had prepared our lunch. A very nicee man.

• Visited September 2012

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint John, Canada
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Fantastic place to eat. The fish and chips were delicious. Resteraunt is a little small but definately worth the wait. I would eat there again for sure.

Visited October 2012