“Food was just okay, and service was very slow.”

Linda Bean's Maine Kitchen and Topside Tavern
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
State College, Pennsylvania
“Food was just okay, and service was very slow.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ate here during the day we visited Freeport for some shopping; however, I didn't have tons of time. I waited almost 15 min. before I could place an order; I sat outside, upstairs, as part of the Topside Tavern. The tables were only about half-full while inside was a tad busier. Once I ordered, it was awhile before my food arrived; therefore, I asked for the check immediately to ensure that I would be able to check-out and meet my designated bus pick-up time. Luckily, I did that as I never got another visit from my waitress again.

The food was okay; I didn't order anything that would take long, again, because I was short on time. I had soup and salad. The soup--the Lobster Bisque--seemed to be from a can. It didn't have any homemade feel or flavor; it could have been Campbell's. Salad was salad. The prices, though, were not exorbitant, so I didn't feel that I was overcharged.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pam S

Skaneateles, New York
“Nice”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stopped for a shopping break and to meet husband and friend. Ordered the lobster bisque. I only ordered a cup and wish I had ordered a bowl. Yummy.

Visited September 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pass”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We ate here last year on vacation and felt that the food was horribly overpriced. The food itself was okay, not great. But, it wasn't worth the wait or the expense. It's convenient, but if you're hungry, I'd head out of freeport and on to your next destination for a meal.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Anne B
New Jersey
“Lobster Grilled Cheese”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Okay, it wasn't the best lobster grilled cheese I've ever had, but still very good. My husband and I came to Linda Bean's after shopping at LL Bean. It was a beautiful day and we sat on the deck, overlooking the main street. It was the perfect spot for people watching and to enjoy a casual, relaxing lunch. The clam chowder and lobster stew were both pretty good, and as I mentioned, we liked the lobster grilled cheese.

I wouldn't go out of my way for lunch at Linda Bean's, but would go back if in the area again.

• Visited September 2013
Plattsburgh, New York
“Great blueberry pie”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

When we go to Maine we splurge on clam chowder and blueberry pie. Linda Bean's have them both and they are outstanding. We ate on the upstairs deck on a beautiful sunny day. It was a real treat.

Visited September 2013