“Great food & right in town”

Linda Bean's Maine Kitchen and Topside Tavern
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Boston, MA
“Great food & right in town”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were drawn to this restaurant as we were staying overnight just down the street. The restaurant was a great location, convenient walk up the hill from our hotel & the atmosphere was just nice & pleasant. The food was great - we enjoyed an appetizer, wine, dinner & dessert too! The meatloaf & coconut cream pie were wonderful!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lobster, plus other local favorites, done well.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Grilled cheese with lobster. Need I say more? If you want something else, there is an extensive menu which features Maine products beyond seafood. Cozy feel with L.L.Bean artifacts. Don't miss the clam chowder.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great food freshly prepared”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a very nice lunch. There were many choices on the menu. I had a small tossed salad and a vegetable flatbread sandwich. Both were very fresh and tasty. My husband ordered the lobster and macaroni and cheese(he choose whole wheat pasta). He enjoyed it was well. Our daughter had a grill cheese sandwich which came with kettle chips. It was an oversized sandwich. The service was attentive as well.

• Visited December 2012
ny
“toasty warm”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

we visited freeport in december for a holiday getaway.We sat outside with wine and hot chocolate over a toasty fire pit.So enjoyable to view the holiday decorations while we were well taken care of.Casual pub food. lobster rolls etc. Good!
we always spend an evening here while visiting town

• Visited December 2012
Maine
“Management needs some work...”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I didn't actually eat at Linda Bean's so I can't speak to the food. I can however speak to the service we received on a recent trip. We went to the restaurant and asked for a table of 8. Being a Saturday night they were busy and told us it was a 30 minute wait. No problem, we walked around and returned after 30 minutes and were told our table was ready. They proceeded to put us at 2 tables of 4 about 6 feet apart from each other. We asked for a table where we could all sit together and were told that they could get us one but it would be a 30 minute wait. We asked to just push the two tables together (there was plenty of room to walk around the tables and pushing them together would not have impeded anyone getting to or from any other tables) and were told they usually don't do that but we could wait for another table. We decided to leave and look elsewhere. I am not hard to please however the hostess (who clearly did not have any authority to solve problems) never made any effort to convince us to stay or to try and solve our problem. If I was the owner I would be furious if I saw potential income walking out the door when the problem could easily have been solved. As we were walking out we also noticed a table outside (it was a cold night so most people would not want to eat outside) that had dirty dishes on it... the same dirty dishes that were there when we made the reservation over half an hour before. Now I know they probably didn't need the table due to it being so cold out however it just makes the restaurant look dirty when dishes and half eaten food are sitting out on a table directy in front of the restaurant. Needless to say I don't plan on going back. There are several other options in Freeport.

1 Thank Hoops2441