“Best seat in town.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Best seat in town.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I liked this place so much we ate there for dinner two nights in a row (and we never do that). It's a very family friendly place. We have a one year old and we never felt like we were imposing or unwelcome. The beer menus has some good microbrews and the cocktails were tasty. The bar service was a bit slow coming to the table. The salads were great, the bread is tasty, and my fish sandwich was cooked perfectly. The second night we sat on the outside balcony and it's a great spot for people watching and for having a drink while the sun goes down. The servers were all friendly and fun. Cool fun place in a historic building. Perfect location, right across from LL Bean and my favorite outlets: Patagonia and The North Face.

Lansdowne, Virginia, USA
“Great for beers and if you have a lot of time”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The paddle of beers is fun and a great inexpensive way to try a lot of local beers. I can't vouch for much else as the salad I ordered came with missing items and the chicken on top was very overcooked. My husband said his lobster roll was good, and we enjoyed the upstairs atmosphere. Food is merely so-so, and while our waitress was very friendly, especially with my kids, she was slow, our food took forever, and she got quite a few things wrong or left off. If you are laid back and have lots of time, no proble, but of you are more high maintenance, skip it and go elsewhere.

Brunswick, Maine
“A busy restaurant, well done to the staff”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Vacation time i n Freeport, shopping and then a thunderstorm. Crowded time in restaurant entrance, staff quite composed scheduling groups for lunch.
We dined here last year, remember the clam chowder as excellent, it has not changed. My wife's lobster roll of high quality, my haddock with vegetables and potatoes also excellent.
Our server of unusually high humor and competence, the kitchen staff were busy, their persistence of grand order.
We were quite satisfied with our lunch, a happy face to all.

Truro, Canada
“Great Lobster Rolls”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am really surprised at some of the bad reviews? I'm glad I didn't read them before we went to Maine, or I may have not gone there to eat.

We thought the Lobster Rolls may have been the best we've ever had. In fact, we went back the next day for another one. We liked the lite dressing and the seasoning.

Quebec City, Canada
“Good experience!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Arrived somewhat late on a nice evening. Were seated on the upstair terrace which was enjoyable. An excellent clam showder, think like we like it and plenty of clams. Lobster rolls were excellent. Large pieces with just enough dressing. Large variety of beer. Nothing to complaint about. Would return any time.