“You don't have time to think about the jet lag...!!”

L.L. Bean Factory Store
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Freeport
More attraction details
Owner description: This store is open 24 hours a day, and it offers substantial discounts.
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 214 helpful votes
“You don't have time to think about the jet lag...!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A must when coming to Freeport. We always start our holiday here when travelling to Maine purely because LL Bean is open 24 hours a day / 365 days a year so when you wake up at 3am you have somewhere to go and something to do. Coffee and Tea is supplied until 6am. The staff are very friendly - even at 3am!! It's great to pretty much have the shop to yourself for a couple of hours. Would recommend to anyone travelling to this area...

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
South Dakota
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“It is simply wonderful!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a wonderful store! LL. Bean is a quality company--In case you don't know, they guarantee everything they sell for LIFE. Yes. FOR LIFE. We have had merchandise from LL.Bean that they have replaced after 10 years! While visiting this store we had a friendly visit with an employee about a suitcase we purchased about 9 years ago. The zipper had broken and the employee told me to just call and they would pay to ship it back and fix it, or replace it. I do not think you get much better than that! The store is clean, they sell quality merchandise and everyone was very friendly. We went out of our way to visit this store and enjoyed every moment! We bought a new bag while they and they monogrammed our name on it while we waited. LL. Bean is QUALITY--They are a step above Cabella's or Bass Pro Shops. Where else these days do you get products that are guaranteed for life!? I should also mention if you EVER have an issue with an LL. Bean product, you can call and a person will answer on the FIRST ring. It's an amazing company, this is an amazing store!!

So Cal
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very unwelcoming”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Not very welcoming at all. I was looking forward to visiting this flagship store but upon entering, we were ignored by the greeter. I thought maybe that was a fluke and she didn't see us even though she was looking straight at us but even walking all around the store, we were ignored by all (except for one) of their employees, who seemed to happily help other, non-minority customers. Given that LL Bean does much of its business through catalogs and online, I had thought that its employees would be more open to diversity but that was not what we experienced. The only employee that actually acknowledged our presence was an African-American worker, who was actually friendly and asked us if we needed help finding anything (thus the higher rating). I did end up buying one of their reversible jackets, but for the price, it didn't provide much warmth...I guess similar to my experience at this store?

On the non-people related side, this place is huge with different stores catering to different activities. Prices are pretty expensive given their products are not made in the USA. At least they have a generous return policy although that's probably too much hassle if I ever have to mail my jacket back.

We went to a Walmart at Brunswick to buy some water and was also completely ignored by the greeter there too. I don't want to say all Mainers are rude as we have met some very friendly locals as well but again, I was very disappointed that many of the LL Bean employees were not treating all customers with the same level of welcome or helpfulness.

Leesport, Pennsylvania
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“I've Seen Much Better”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The whole town is nothing more than a typical shopper's tourist trap. The L. L. Bean merchandise is well displayed and quality stuff, but overpriced. Basically the same as Cabellas or Bass Pro Shop. All the other stores are the run of the mill "outlet" stores. I sure would not go out of my way again.

1 Thank Philip W
Glen Allen, Virginia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A Shopping Adventure Indeed!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

A must stop for the family that loves to shop. Lots of surrounding outlet stores to taste and please your shopping pleasures. The LL Bean Factory Stores are well stocked and laid out in cleaver design. There are five buildings that house the LL Bean Factory Store merchandise. You will enjoy this pleasant shopping experience in fresh, clean surroundings and comfortable buildings stocked full of merchandise. There is definitely something here for everyone. I only had about 30 minutes to spend exploring on my recent visit, but you'll want to be sure you set aside several hours to take in all five buildings.

This stop is definitely worth putting on your vacation plans when passing through the area! Quality shopping at its best!

Visited August 2013

Been to L.L. Bean Factory Store? Share your experiences!