“Wonderful Hosts, Great Biking and a Relaxing Place to Stay”

Kendall Tavern Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Freeport B&B and Inns
Peru, Vermont
“Wonderful Hosts, Great Biking and a Relaxing Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2007

My husband and I had a winderful stay in Freeport and enjoyed this beautiful Inn. The Hosts, Tim and Loree know how to make you feel at home! If you have a sweet tooth this place is great. Fresh homemade cookies awaiting in the kitchen as well as bowls of candy placed conveniently around the Inn. The rooms are very comfortable and bright. Loved having access to high speed internet and the closeness to town. It was a special treat hanging out in the kitchen talking with Tim about the history of the Inn and his family. They are definitly passionate about this place. If you are looking for some great biking the location of this Inn is superb as you can conveniently head towards Brunswick and bike in some of the most scenic locations like Bailey's Island. Tim and Loree allow you store your bikes in the garage as well. All around a great stay!

• Liked — The relaxed atmoshere and the Innkeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing it was all wonderful
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
North Andover, MA
Reviewed February 16, 2007

My best friend and I stayed in Room #1 which is a lovely yellow-themed bedroom on the second floor with two twin beds and a private bathroom -- perfect for friends traveling together. The inn is just a two-minute drive down the street from the outlet shops of Freeport and is nicely set back from the road enough so that you won't hear any traffic (and there is very little on this section of road anyway). Be sure to check out the scrap books on display in the front parlor. They're rich with the history of the inn and its prior owners.

If you visit like we did when the weather is warm, pull up a chair for a peaceful break on their wonderful front porch (Tim will gladly bring you a refreshing glass of lemonade or iced tea). Wander into the kitchen for a cup of tea and some biscotti at any time of day... Loree keeps the kitchen stocked with tasty treats. Our breakfast the next morning was fantastic -- served on Villeroy & Boch china in the sun-drenched breakfast room.

We loved the Kendall and we'll be returning again in '07. Tim and Loree are charming hosts and great conversationalists with fascinating pasts. Oh... and don't forget to ask them about their grandchildren whom they obviously adore!

• Liked — The fantastic hosts
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2006

My husband & I stayed here for one night only. While it's a beautiful house & the hosts were gracious, I think the B&B experience may not be my style. Our room was itty-bitty, with flowery pink wallpaper & cutesy art that made me cringe. I was very dismayed upon arrival to find that we didn't have a bathtub. I would never have picked this place to stay had I known that (I have a chronic pain condition & take baths daily for the pain.) So right away I was disappointed. Our bathroom could've been cleaner, there were some (private place) hairs on the floor & that grossed me out. One of my pet peeves that drives me up the wall with some hotels, inns & B&Bs is a lack of wastebaskets & this place was no exception. We had nary a trash receptacle in our room & that meant, that as one who has allergies, I had to create a trash heap by the bed with my tissues, to be moved to the wastebasket in the bathroom when I got up from bed. The bed was way wayyyyy too hard for my husband & I. We were very uncomfortable & slept fitfully.

I could go on & on about my issues with this place....like the breakfast (blueberry pancakes). Whatta sugar fest! Heart attack on a plate! No nutrition whatsoever! So I ate a little to be polite & suffered a tummy ache from the sugariness later. Anyway, enough of my ranting. I would recommend this place to more mature travellers & those who are more into the social aspect of travel rather than overrall comfort. I think I'm going to avoid B&Bs from now on & stick with Hampton Inns!

• Liked — The locale
  • Disliked — Lack of a bathtub & the gooey breakfast.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you like fru-fru decor, this place is for you!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
detroit
Reviewed October 28, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a long weeked at the Kendall Tavern Inn in Freeport Maine. The experience was wonderful. We were greeted warmly when we arrived and giving a tour of the Inn (including a plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies) We were shown to our room and left to relax and unpack. We stayed in room 6 which I believe is the largest room. It can sleep 4 people comfortably. The bathroom was large and modern. The bed was very comfortable. Downstairs in one parlour is a gas fireplace, piano, and jigsaw puzzles. My husband started a puzzle on day one and worked on it throughout our stay. In the second parlour there is a colored TV and a gas fireplace. Each evening there was at least one guest watching a favorite program. The innkeepers even joined us for a few innings of world series baseball one evening and chatted with us about their innkeeping experiences. The Innkeepers gave us wonderful reccomendations about local restaurants to try. Follow their suggestions. Breakfasts were fantastic. They are served at a resonable time and were delicious. Coffe, juice, fruit, baked goods, and a hearty entree that kept us full until lunch. After 3 nights we were sad to leave the Kendall Tavern but plan to return in the future.

• Liked — clean and friendly
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed October 22, 2006

My friend and I just returned from a 3- night stay at the Kendall Tavern and couldn't have been happier! Tim and Loree were kind and gracious and made use feel right at home. The breakfast was great and we absolutely loved staying here. Would definitely stay again!

• Liked — Very cozy
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
Katy Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Kendall Tavern for on night while we were on a touring trip of New England. We had a nice time and the owners were very friendly. My only complaint was that there were no towels in our room and I had to go looking for someone to give me towels. I am rather glad that I discovered that fact before I went into the shower!

• Stayed September 2006
NYC
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We stayed at the Kendall tavern B &B for one night while shopping in freeport. Room number 7 was spacious yet cozy. The innkeepers made us feel right at home. The house was clean, location was quiet and overall it was perfect for a getaway no matter what the occasion. There were even freshly made brownies waiting for us when we got home from shopping. It was terriffic!

• Liked — The King size bed
  • Disliked — little road noise
  • Tips/Secrets — Lobster rolls on the water in south Freeport @ Harraseeket for Lunch/Dinner
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple