All reviews front porch boston room breakfast was delicious cookies perfect hosts dietary restrictions b bs tea coffee other guests each morning feel right at home great weekend ll bean both mornings visiting freeport within walking distance french toast
Reviewed March 15, 2018

We spent a long weekend at Kendall Tavern Inn in November 2017. This was our second trip to KTI and it was just as wonderful as the first! Mark and Nancy are great hosts - they helped with dinner recommendations, cooked an amazing breakfast, and entertained us too! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Nancy and Mark P, Owner at Kendall Tavern Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Returning guests are our best compliment! Thanks for coming back - looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We just returned from a memorable weekend at the Kendall Tavern Inn. What a great place for five high school friends to spend a fun packed weekend. Nancy and Mark are perfect hosts, and the inn is so charming. They greeted us, gave us a tour of their roomy, nicely decorated common rooms. They gave us some helpful input into the must go places in Freeport. The inn is in a perfect location, close to all the attractions in Freeport. There is a lot of space in the inn to relax. The rooms are very nice and CLEAN. All of the rooms we booked had private baths and were appointed with LL Bean sheets and blankets. Comfy beds and cozy, spacious rooms. Each room had a unique personality. After a night in Freeport we arrived back to the inn and were treated to fresh baked cookies. The morning breakfast was delicious. Nancy and a Mark asked about allergies and accommodated people in our group. The breakfast was served in a large, bright dining room. Mark brought tea, coffee and juices while Nancy cooked. Each dish that arrived was amazing. Mark provided refills. Obviously the owners are passionate about their service. The attention to comfort and little details is what separated my experience at the inn from that of a chain hotel. I appreciate Nancy’s and Mark’s commitment to providing us with wonderful service, and I know we are all looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Rooms 1,2 and 4 were fantastic
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for such a wonderful review. We had a great time with you all, so much fun and laughter! You all obviously are great friends and enjoy traveling together. We appreciate your kind words about our inn - it is exactly what we strive for - your comfort, convenience, and making you feel at home. Glad that the 5 friends had a chance to spend a weekend together - hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We were gifted two nights for our wedding. Our first was in the fall. We’re returned a few times since. We did an awesome hike and then curled up by the fireplace for the afternoon. I always worry that bed and breakfast type places are going to have chatty hosts. The hosts here are welcoming but respected our space. Lovely house. Beds and pillows are nice. Towels are super soft. And the cookies in the kitchen are fab.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Nancy and Mark P, Owner at Kendall Tavern Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Repeat guests are always such a nice compliment! Thanks for your visits and such a nice review. Don't forget that our April special (to celebrate our 4th year) for returning guests is coming up - stay 2 nights get the third night free. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 13, 2018

This is a late review. I stayed at the Kendall Tavern Inn for one night during June 3-4, 2017. I was training for the Pan-Mass Challenge and decided to participate in the 25 mile Maine Women's Ride the next day. I had a few questions prior to my arrival and Mark promptly answered them all. They gave me recommendations on restaurants for dinner the previous night. Mark and Nancy were very accommodating with my one night stay, dietary restrictions and allowed me to eat breakfast earlier than their usual start in order to get me out the door in time for my ride. Breakfast was nice and simple. I had scramble eggs, fruit and gluten free toast. Mark made me feel extremely at ease during my stay. He even stored my bike safely in the barn so that it would be easily available for me in the morning.

The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and I had more than enough comfy pillows and blankets to make me not want to get out of bed in the morning. I stayed in the Maine Room which was quite cozy. I think it's the perfect size for a solo traveler. And the inn and room were very clean.

Freeport is a sleepy and safe town. In fact, because I was so excited/nervous about the ride. I saw a very late night Wonder Woman movie and went to the 24 hour LL Bean and felt safe walking around at midnight.

I'm looking forward to staying again in June 2018.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank lacole
Nancy and Mark P, Owner at Kendall Tavern Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

We enjoyed your stay too, and are always happy to help out cyclists, runners, and others doing all those challenging activities. Glad it all worked out for you and look forward to seeing you again. We think B&B’s are perfect for a solo traveler, as you get to interact with others, and of course, your helpful innkeepers!

Reviewed January 6, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Kendall Tavern Inn back in December over the "sparkle" weekend in Freeport! We don't usually stay in B&B's but stayed here because everything in the area was booked. We are so glad we did!! We were in the "Boston" room. It was decorated beautifully and was very comfortable. The wi-fi was great, which made me very happy!!! Ha, ha!!
Mark was waiting for us when we arrived Friday night. He made us feel so welcome and gave us a tour of the place.
We had breakfast twice and both were AMAZING!!! The food was fantastic!! I also loved how the tables were set, which was different both mornings, with pretty linens.
Everything was great and while we are not B&B people, we will stay here again when we find ourselves in the Freeport area!
Thanks so much Mark and Nancy!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple