The Village Inn
$58
$139
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick(Freeport)(Great Value!)
$109
$64
$102
$93
Travelocity
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Free Internet
Harraseeket Inn(Freeport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshort walkpark your cardowntown freeporttwo nightsproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2009

While not fancy, this is a wonderful place to stay. The hosts, Jackie and Lew are wonderful and really make you feel at home. The rooms are spotless and Lew's breakfasts are amazing.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterZgeb
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This Bed and Breakfast is great. We have been staying here every Columbus Day weekend for about twenty years. It is inexpensive, clean and cozy and feels just like home to us. Breakfast is wonderful and you could not meet nicer or more helpful people. It is within walking distance of all the shops and a short drive to apple picking. We cannot wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank NettieMontreal
Reviewed October 18, 2009

This was my 2nd visit to the Village Inn and it took me 10 years to get back. I won't let that happen again! I traveled and stayed by myself. I felt safe and secure. My breakfast each morning was delicious! The blueberry pancakes were what I had been dreaming of since the last time I had them. The cheese omelet the 2nd day was just as good. Lewis and Jackie are wonderful hosts and made me feel at home from the minute I made my reservation never mind after I got there. They were great company at breakast and Lewis is a wonderful story teller. I enjoyed every single minute I was there and spent with them.

The rooms are pretty quiet and they are motel-type rooms in a two-story building and also rooms upstairs in the inn itself as well. I did not hear any street noise at all from my room. There are others in the building so there is some noise from other people but that is to be expected. Everyone I met during my stay truly enjoyed the experience as did I. The rooms are immaculate. I needed the heat and it was quiet and kept me toasty warm.

The location is perfect for shopping or just walking downtown for a bite to eat. It is right next door to the Harraseeket Inn. There's a bar/restaurant in that inn which is very nice to have so close by.

The shopping is incredible in Freeport. There is plenty of free parking which makes it easy to drop your bags in the car to continue to the next store. The shop owners are all very friendly and helpful. There were bargains galore when I was there in October. Right before Columbus Day and the foliage was just starting to peak in Maine.

This is a great place to stay for a reasonable fee that is the absolute perfect location to enjoy Freeport. There is much to be said for charm and warmth. If chain hotels are your choice this isn't the place for you. If you enjoy getting to know great people and feeling like you are special for every minute you are there...this is the place for you.

There is a convenience store downtown and a grocery store on the way into town from the South on US 1. Stop and get some ice for your cooler and some drinks/snacks. The rooms is plenty big enough to store anything you need. There's also a UPS Store 7 miles North to ship your purchases to yourself (Brunswick).

I'll be back and soon! Thank you Jackie and Lewis for a wonderful and fun stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Based on trip advisor reviews we stayed at the Village Inn when visiting overnight at Freeport Maine. In hindsight, we should have stayed elsewhere.

This place is a motel with a breakfast. Nothing more. You really cannot call this a BED and Breakfast! Now..you will tell me that I was warned that this Inn was not upscale and very basic. I knew that it would be economical when we arrived but it was really low scale, totally spartan!. The room had a bed and a shower, no amenities, it was a motel room. There was absolutley nothing "B&B" ish about this place. It should be called what it is..an economical motel that offers a breakfast.

Moreover and quite frankly, it was overpirced for the motel room and the poor tasting breakfast we had the next moring. The food was bland and sub par, the bacon was paper thin, the eggs and toast were tasteless. Quite poor. We left most of it on the plate.

We overpaid for the stay- the motel room should have been in the $59-$79 range maximum!

The good points about this place were two fold: First "The location"- it was close to the main area of Freeport for shopping and dining. It had ample parking and was very quiet.
We stayed in the back so we could not hear much from the road.

Second: "the Hosts" - both were very pleasant and accomodating. It is too bad that the entire motel was so average or below average. Yet, the hosts were so nice and down-to -earth, that I could not give this place a rating less than average.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HDTraveller
Reviewed July 15, 2009

What I enjoyed the most? Chatting with the Inn owners, Lew and Jackie. Their kindness and hospitality (and great stories!) is the kind that brings you back to Freeport. This Inn doesn't pretend to be a posh BB. If you're looking for place to stay in Freeport that is clean and accessible, and REASONABLE, this is the place. (Other BB's in town were almost double the price for the dates I was looking). I would go back just for the blueberry pancakes.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple