“Great place to stay”

Brewster House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Freeport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with my parents for two nights and had a wonderful experience. This is a very cozy bed and breakfast with comfortable rooms. Breakfast was fresh, homemade and very filling (Absolutely delicious!). The owners were incredibly helpful and gave us great advice on attractions and places to eat. We had a wonderful time in Maine, and Freeport is a lovely little town to stay in. The location is perfect and it's walking distance from quite a few restaurants and the local L.L. Bean shopping area. It's also close enough to the freeway so you can get around to the sites of Maine easily. We highly recommend this B&B for families or couples!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
BrewsterHouseBB, Owner at Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thanks Karen! It was so neat to host your Dad for both his first train trip and first visit to the Northeast!! I know you'll be back.....it was just a tease. Thank you and Dan for your service too! Maybe our son Sean and Dan will meet up at some point!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My family and I went to the Brewster House for a getaway weekend. Scott and Mary welcomed us with open arms. The room we stayed in was so clean and comfortable. They were more than willing to offer suggestions of things to do, and upon our return asked if we enjoyed our time out. The best part of the trip was Mary's cooking! I never knew breakfast could taste so good. We can't wait to come back! Thank you Scott and Mary for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather R

Geeze, you didn't mention the quality of the breakfast service! Seriously, we have to give credit to Ivy, our housekeeper here, SHE'S AMAZING!! Thanks Ivy for all that you do, every day!!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a wonderful experience for our first trip to Maine. Both Scott and Mary are excellent at providing a great atmosphere. We were provided great advice on areas to visit and places to find good eats. The breakfast was prepared with great detail and very enjoyable. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your generosity! We hope you return to Maine and get to savor what you only sampled on your first visit. Did you know Maine has the longest coastline of any of the 48 contiguous states?

Yours!
Mary & Scott

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Really enjoyed our 3 night stay at Brewster House. This is a beautiful bed and breakfast! The owners, Scott and Mary couldn't have been more gracious and helpful hosts. Scott gave us good suggestions for dinners and sightseeing locations. Mary's breakfasts(ricotta stuffed pancakes,caramelized onion,mushroom and goat cheese quiche, & Banana Foster French toast) were plentiful and delicious! We would definitely return to Brewster House!

1  Thank zin827
BrewsterHouseBB, Owner at Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Man, you're making me hungry! Wish I got to eat Mary's breakfasts........she says I can't cause I'll look like a human basketball if I do! Time for those delicious english muffins with peanut butter for me!!

Believe me when I say Mary is grateful for your kindnesses!

Scott Gile

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Brewster House fitted my wife and I to a tee for our 2-night stay in Freeport. Our wants are very pragmatic: a comfortable bed, good lighting, a couple of in-room comfortable chairs, a serviceable ensuite bathroom, a good breakfast and a friendly but unobtrusive atmosphere. Mary and Scott seem to have thought of everything that we would need and more! They are a class act! We would definitely stay there again if we make it back to Freeport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow, all we can say is thank you! Our work is extra sweet and rewarding knowing that folks like you appreciate the time and effort we put in!! We hope that next time you're on the central Maine coast, you come back and we get to spend more time getting to know you and Roxanne!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Ours was a suite of two rooms with a shared bath on the third floor and aside from a lack of headroom in spots (if you're over 6") it was very nice. A big plus is extra outlets next to the beds. Most places you're lucky if you get one to plug in the cell phone. There were enough for the tablet too and a CPAP if you use one. I had a problem with it being on the third floor as I'm having health problems so if it matters to you ask first what floor the room is on. The location was great and the food wonderful. Don't expect an american size breakfast, think european. Quality not quantity. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again but only as long I could get a ground floor room.

Room Tip: Air conditioners are window units on third floor, not sure about any other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks Eric for your kind words, we enjoyed your and Linda's company, even though we never got to hear you play! We're sorry the 3rd floor was difficult for you. I think that at the point that you booked the room, the Bass Harbor Suite were the only remaining rooms. On our website and the phone, we try to be very clear about that suite being on the 3rd floor. The rest of the house has 9' ceilings, but it is true that at the margins, on the 3rd floor the dormers do restrict headroom somewhat, especially if you're well over 6' tall.

When you plan to come again, try to reserve earlier so that you can choose our 1st floor king bedroom.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped through Freeport on a cold, rainy Saturday, enroute to Portland for our flight home. As we warmed up at the LL Bean coffee shop, I perused available places to stay. Short story - I left my wife shopping at Bean, and I walked up the street with my umbrella. It's just a few minutes walk from the quaint downtown of Freeport and lots of trendy restaurants. I met Scott, the proprietor, and later, Mary, the real boss - and a great cook!! Accommodations were warm and wonderful. Breakfast the next morning was fabulous! This couple do a terrific job and the place is perfectly located. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We had the smallest room, at the top of the stairs. It had a kingsize bed and large bath. Perfect!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
BrewsterHouseBB, Owner at Brewster House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you Bill, and what a pleasure it was that we got to host and meet you and Mary! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and only regret it wasn't longer. And how intuitive that you knew who was REALLY in charge! Hey, every B & B needs a pretty face too!

Come back when it's quieter, and we can share some wine!

Your,